Security Installer Community

Bit of advice.

Back to your original question, the d4 from dedicated micros has a single audio input, the audio is only recorded while camera 1 is being recorded though.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Back to your original question, the d4 from dedicated micros has a single audio input, the audio is only recorded while camera 1 is being recorded though.

21859[/snapback]

I've been pointed to one at LJD that seems to be what I want, but there are no specs on it so I'll have to give them a ring. It's only going to be a single channel at the moment but it might be expanded so the d4 would work for now but then I'd lose any expandability for the future.

What about an AV mic. CSL & Aritech both do a good looking mic. Bearing in mind most DVRs only have a single channel audio input so if its just the one camera then its fine but no good if multiple cameras.

21806[/snapback]

I looked at the CSL mic but it didn't seem to have a standard line level output on it.

Single channel audio is fine but it needs to record all the time rather than just when that camera is selected. I did think about a seperate audio unit but it'll lose sync when you're playing back and becomes a PITA then.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest richard pc-core
I've been asked to do an installation that consists of 1 camera mounted indoors 12m away from the objects it's going to be recording. I was thinking I'll be needing a 4.3mm lens on a 1/3" CCD camera, sound about right?

Next query, I'm going to be using a DVR (possibly with LAN connection, but not essential) but I can't find any with sound inputs, and if I could I've hit of a brick wall with regard to microphones.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

21723[/snapback]

pc-core do a 4 channel safe-core lan unit with 120gb hdd and single audio input you can contact them on 01952 246688 or have a look at their web site www.safe-core.co.uk they will be more than happy to help

Guest richard pc-core
Is the customer aware of the data protection act?

21826[/snapback]

Yes. Why do you ask?

21994[/snapback]

just to let you know the ljd unit dose not have a good play back the pics are grainie also how oftern will your customer need to review the info as the poor compression rate uses up more hdd space ?

Guest cctvman

Kev,

You nicked that idea of me (& you know am right) :D

Anyway onto the subject is this installation a covert job ???

Most pir/smoke covert cameras have a mic inside with audio amp complete with pot to adjust output

If just the norm well as one post says a 3.5-8mm varifocal lens is ideal as it can be moved if customer wants more or less....

And as kev says an AV mic is the best for your job & beleve me one mic placed in a room will cover it the bonus is all AV mics have an amp circuit you can adjust what you want & dont want to hear.

One thing make sure you run the mic in screened cable if a long run or near low voltage lights ects

I know that the ademco range of dvr's have one audio input & most dvrs will remain @ the state of power up (if programmed).

Regards

Al

pc-core do a 4 channel safe-core lan unit with 120gb hdd and single audio input you can contact them on 01952 246688 or have a look at their web site www.safe-core.co.uk they will be more than happy to help

22701[/snapback]

Are you anything to do with this lot? Have you ever looked on the site? Can you spot the flaw in the plan? Did you read the spec for the DVR?

Anyway onto the subject is this installation a covert job ???

22838[/snapback]

No.

If just the norm well as one post says a 3.5-8mm varifocal lens is ideal as it can be moved if customer wants more or less....

22838[/snapback]

That's what I've got in front of me now!

And as kev says an AV mic is the best for your job & beleve me one mic placed in a room will cover it the bonus is all AV mics have an amp circuit you can adjust what you want & dont want to hear.

One thing make sure you run the mic in screened cable if a long run or near low voltage lights ects

22838[/snapback]

That's what I'm looking for, having never used audio on proper CCTV, (only that customer supplied rubbish), I'm not sure what it's like so I'm going in somewhat blind on the audio front, or is that deaf....

Archived