Security Installer Community

one of our customers

abbz

Could be, but then the dirty devils may be shamed into cleaning up :rolleyes:

It's no fun having to phone the boss to tell him your off home for a bath & a change of clothes, having been in a place where your feet stick to the carpet dodging the dog turds and the kitchen walls are covered in splattered grease :slackjaw1:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

So Chris,

let me get this right, you're quite happy for your engineers / office staff or who ever to post in an open forum, photographs taken at one of your customer's sites, regardless of the circumstances - (when it is very easy to identify the customer from the picture)

No matter what the circumstances, identification should NOT be possible, that is what I was saying.

Perhaps you don't care what your staff do with what I can only call 'confidential' photographs.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

All pictures have been removed! Moderators, please see the latest topic in the moderator lounge!

Every member is aware, that posts are their own responsibillty and as such if they post something that later gets them into trouble, then that again is there responsibillity.

Colin.

Mingers? well I would be ashamed of this house sorry but if I or my engineers had to go into this property it would be in full protective clothing at the customers expense and that aint cheep. Name and shame and as for photos causing security concerns not a chance. as no possible entrys or other security factors could really be identified. :o

Magpye

I was taking the more light hearted approach on this subject, as was everyone else in my opinion, but I do accept your point of view.

For the record, if I ever received a complaint from a client for such a scenario, correct proceedures would be taken and no doubt disciplinary proceedures too.

Right or wrong to publish such pictures on an open / restricted forum, I think the overal thread of the topic was having a dig at some of the filthy dreadful conditions people like ourselves sometimes find ourselves confronted with, which is totally unacceptable to me personally and as others have said, warrant an about turn and in my opinion, a chargeable re-visit after cleaning up or in protective clothing.

Having said that, we would only go back after cleaning up had taken place and I would never expect any staff to tollerate such conditions.

By the way, your not my previous employer are you? Another firm I used to work for did a lot of Housing Asscociation Fire Alarms and one of the Directors really got quite upset at me coming off site for such a scenario, where I was actually gagging the moment one flat tenant opened their door with the filthy stench. They sent a softer minded Eng back in order not to upset the Association, which is not really helpful is it? :no:

Anyway, forums are designed to provoke lively discussion and I'm pleased you've added another angle to this topic. Your also a fairly new member and when you look around the forums, you will see many people here have quite a good sense of humour, which results in this type of posting.

Also I personally enjoy and participate in the more controversal topics and should you stay around I'll enjoy debating other hot topics with you and anyone else.

Best regards & welcome to the forums.

Chris :D

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

All pictures have been removed! Moderators, please see the latest topic in the moderator lounge!

Every member is aware, that posts are their own responsibillty and as such if they post something that later gets them into trouble, then that again is there responsibillity.

Colin.

22010[/snapback]

I was asked to remove them! :angry:

Red Fox | Hosting

Affordable and Reliable UK Based Web Hosting

i asked waza to remove them as seems that there must be someone on here looking at every post with a microscope waiting to pounce. usually u find these people wearing suits and trying to score a few brownie points. its as though they need to justify there exsistance!!!!

Well said Abbz

I know nothing about Magpye, so would be very unfair to have a go back at him / her.

However, one of those pic's had a Secom Panel shown, and Magpye's 1st of 3 posts to date (17th July 04) refers to Secom in his / her posting. This may have prompted the response we got on this forum topic. Could be an employee?

However, its a shame when members don't post any location or other details about themselves, won't stand up and be counted and (not referring to Magpye in this case) do nothing but moan & snipe at other people causing problems, so I reluctantly agree with the Mod's covering the collective needs / good name of the forum by removing the pic's. Its not too long ago since the lockdown was forced on the forum is it?

Anyway, I look forward to some good topics offered for debate by Magpye and hopefully will see him / her in the Trade Forums, having made the required worthwhile amount of postings to remain a member.

Archived