Security Installer Community

Looking For A Few Days Mentorship From Anyone In Ssaib

Thanks for all your replies. RFS do you mean that I should submit myself for screening? I used to have CRB for the ambulance service, and still would have as I'm still on the bank, except that last year they decided very suddenly they would rely on, well, er, god knows what to take its place. I know that the whole stupid thing about CRB is that it would only have been valid for that one employer, but was assuming the fact I had it would have helped the process along. How much would this cost? Do I need to do this anyway to do any kind of SSAIB work?

yes, screen yourself.

CRB is specific so means nothing re screening.

screening will cost you around £120 i seem to remember.

check to see if either NSI or SSAIB will allow you to pay the annual fee for access to the standards, it's around £70 i think but you get everything.  

yes, screen yourself.

CRB is specific so means nothing re screening.

Pretty useless full stop. I know people that have to have 4 or 5 of the stupid things, all saying the same thing apart from the job or volunteer title. Great use of charity funds.

screening will cost you around £120 i seem to remember.

check to see if either NSI or SSAIB will allow you to pay the annual fee for access to the standards, it's around £70 i think but you get everything.  

Got every bit of paper I need in that department, would be very interested to see SSAIB specific paperwork for installations and maintenence, etc... and any guidelines.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived