Security Installer Community

British Gas Moan.

Oxo

I recieved a email saying my tarriff was ending and new charges were to be applied, also a new daily standing charge,

When calling them I was spoken to like a child and also told I have difficulty in counting. This went down well as you can expect.

So basically they were charging approx £9.00 a month plus a higher ( 3 times ) KWh rate. Now I have a tarriff where this new pricing exceeds my avergae consumption. When I said your having a giraffe and do you think I want to stay with you the bloke got very condesending. I asked for a manager /supervisor and he refused saying he needed a better reason to get a manager. After asking 5 more times I then told him he was a cnut and BG could go foxtrot oscar. I then made an official complaint. This was replied to this morning by another complete dork. Whom offered me a better rate, when I said it is still more expensive he became evasive until I managed to get him to admit it was in fact a higher charge.

I then informed him I have now swapped over to EON and they are cheaper and happy to now supply both my fuels. With more discounts.

I also demanded compensation for the time and insults given. If not take me to court where a recording of the conversations would prove my case. Also that my solicitor charges £900 a hour and I £300. And those costs would also be added to the claim.

This is the answer.

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

Thank you for the enquiry you sent earlier today and for taking the time to discuss your query with me.

I am sorry for the service you've received from us and the demeanour in which you were spoken to today.

I have added a credit onto your account for £25 and this will reflect within 48 hours. Your next bill will be deducted from this credit.

I’ve addressed the issues you have raised and have now closed this query for you, if you have any future enquiries please reply back to me and I’ll be happy to help.

Please contact us should you need any help in the future and thank you for contacting British Gas.

Kind regards

Anees Sieed

Customer Service Advisor

That payment will cover any useage until the switchover.

Bottom line is BG are upping their rates and there are betetr prices to be had and you dont have to be lectured to by an idiot about how you dont understand how they charge.

Now £25.00 isnt much but it will cover the useage for the next week or so, and as I have just paid the previous bill it is now all I need. The apology was the important factor for me.

So go check your tarriffs, and see what they are about to do to you.

Nice 1 mate, it's about time someone took a stand with them. They're good at screwing people out of money & upping the tarrifs but not so good at anything else, if we had Gas i'd never go with them. People need to watch out for their door to door salesment too, they pull all sorts to try & get commission.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Archived