Security Installer Community

Guardall Balmoral 5+ Texecom Odyssey 3E

omega1

Was asked by my elderley next door neighbour to look at his alarm. Panel is Guardall balmoral 5.

Back up battery was knackered which was causing alarm on power cut.

Also external bell box did not sound on alarm condition. Internal panel sounder ok.

So replaced battery and replaced bell box with odyssey 3e bell box.

The positive supply hold off, negative sounder trigger and negative strobe trigger connections im ok with.

Im confused with the negative hold off supply which according to the diagram seems to come from the bottom tamper connection. Also the return tamper looks like its wired into the series tamper loop and then into the other tamper connection on the panel.

If the connections are made this way the bell box wont come out of hold off mode(flashing right led). To prove that the bell box is ok I wired from the nc 0v connection on the panel and the bell box then worked (released hold off)

Can someone please tell me what connections I need to make or did I wire it correctly. There doesnt appear to be a 0v connection on the lower tamper connection on the panel. (panel faulty) ?

The original installer had left a shorting link across the tamper terminals ?

Sorry for long post.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I have attached relevant pages from manual.

I have linked a wire from common on cn3 which is at 0v (with connector across pins 2 & 3) to bottom tamper which now lets bell to self alarm. (leds normal)

Will this be ok as permanent connection ?

Cant get strobe to work however but bell works ok.

I have tried linking the strobe trigger to bell trigger but still no joy.

I thought repairing computers did my head in but sometimes alarms are worse. Like a challenge though with the help of you knowledgeable folks.

Thanks in advance.

Archived