Security Installer Community

New Drill Time People, Thoughts?

bm_99

As above really-36v Bosch and 18v dewalt xrp 3 speed, burnt one Bosch out drilling a rook of 6" cores out, but I had had it for 7 odd years, bought the same again so now got 4 Li-on batts and two chargers.

Your arms must be bigger than mine :o

• 2 weeks later...

Im sure im repeating my self but maybe not on here. We have the Bosch 24 Except about 18 bmonths back i purchased a 18v Royobi SDS in kit form which included an impct driver and 2 small lithiums. Why? Because they were on offer at about £120. Anyway the boys duly took the Pee. Now the fact is i have 8 Bosch drills all racked up in the office because the boys love the one handed SDS. Yes its lightweight LOL. Moral is dont tknock it untill you tried it.

BTW the offer was at Stax.

Customers!

More of a chippies drill isn't it, an impact driver?

Good price though

You serious? I now buy all my speed bits (spade drils bits) with the end designed to slot into my impact driver. It puts a large hole through a joist like a knife through butter. In POF i only use my battry drill for drilling small holes in wood and metal these days.

Customers!

Hence the question mark. Ty, i'll look again at impact drivers :D

I use my impact for everything - even putting panel lids back on. After a while you get very very accurate with them and will wonder how you've survived so long without one!!

Makita 18V lithium by the way, 3 batts, 2 chargers (240 & 110), SDS, impact and "normal" drill - all I need.

Archived