Security Installer Community

Dualpath Gsm & Pstn Speech Dialler

Hi All,

Does any one know if any manufacturers make a dual path (gsm & pstn) speech dialler. Just wondering, as i'm a newly set up installer and i think this would be something that would appeal to my customers. I am not yet NSI/SSAIB certified and just thought this would be a more reliable form of communication not involving the police. No monitoring costs (apart from mobile sim and telephone line costs), no URN cost, no nsi/ssaib required and secure dual path signalling. Any Thoughts?

Hi jb-eye,

Are they the the same as these ones:

Not sure if i'm allowed to post the link, sorry in advance if so!

Is there no manufacturer the can just send out an alert when one path goes down (line cut/gsm fail)? Surely this would make sense and they are missing a trick, they would sell a shed load!

cheers

This is true about the ARC/Police response route. The thing is i cannot offer this at present due to me not being NSI/SSAIB at present, also the monthly/yearly monitoring costs put many customers off. This way i can offer a one off installation cost, then the customer pays for the sim costs and the phone line costs. Just wondered if anyone had seen or heard of a product that does what i want.

think what RFS is trying to say is the monitoring / service costs are income to the NSI/SSIAB registered installers (and rightly so). I just think that if i was going to goto the lengths of dual path coms a few pound each month to know that should someone be in my house would be well worth it........

This is true, don't get me wrong. When certified i see these monitoring costs do generate valuable income.

You do realise you dont have to be accredited to offer Keyholder monitoring? If you call any of the ARCs sales departments and tell them your situation (in my experience) they will bend over backwords to accomadate you. You only need to be accredited to offer police response.

Regards

Danny

Archived