Security Installer Community

9751 Help

steveyd2010

HI,

I have recently (today fitted two additional smoke detectors to my scantronic 9751. All was fine till i came out of engineering mode, the alarm was saying expander 1 missing - the smoke detectors and a couple of other zones are wired into this expander. I then did the following:

1. Checked all wiring and it appeared that the 12v incoming from the main panel was loose, i corrected this and tried again - it was still not having any of it.

2. I went to the main panel, removed the battery and the fuse the outside bell went off (obviously as it should) reconnected the battery put fuse back in and the alarm reset - on inital power up keypad went off showing lid tamper - again as expected.

3. Did a walk test - now no zones / detectors that are wired into the expander will show up - LED's are coming onto the detectors but they will not trigger any alarm.

4. checked what expanders were present according to the panel - this is saying none.......

Now i am stuck can anyone offer any other advise, have i fried the expander by the 12v being loose? Any help our guidence would be aprechiated......

Hi Steve,

Don't work on these panels very often but my next steps would be:

-Remove all of the zones from the expander, reset and see if the expander is present.

-If it is, slowly add the zones one by one, coming back into day mode after each one.

-If the expander goes missing after one of the zones is connected, this would indicate that the connections of this zone may be incorrect.

-You could also chech the data/rs485 cable between the panel has been connected correctly. Easy to get one of the cores in the wrong terminal.

-If it is a powered (230v fed) expander, make sure the 12 volt cable core is not connected between the panel and expander.

-If there is a reset switch on the expander (again not sure with these panels) then try pressing this.

-Try re-addressing the expander (this may be dip swich controlled on the expander, which you may have chnged by accident when adding smokes)

Good Luck, if you have no joy report back!

right.

I have now done the following:

1.Removed all the zones from the expander.

2. Ran a new cable between the panel and the expander

3. powered down the alarm and repowered it.

4. Tried address the expander to number 2

Its still not recognising the expander..........any other suggestions I know it cannot be a fault in the main panel as it uses the same connection for the RKP as the expander and both the RKP's are working.......im beginging to think ive someone blown the expander.......any more suggestions?

thanks

Steve

Archived