Security Installer Community

LG U8110

Smart Electrics

Only just gone over to three mobile. And so far I am very impressed with both the service and phone. (LG U8110). I have noticed my bill go down by £30-£40 a month as I only now pay £25 a month for 500min of any network any time. Also the Video confrence is quite usefull but is quite expensive at 50p per min. Normal calls out side of the free min is 15p to any network any time and voice mail is included with you free min. so all in all not a bad package. As for the phone it is very powerfull both for business and personal use. Also included is a data cable and software wich makes life easyer when editing or uploading name and software updates. There is plenty to mention about the phone but I would bore you so if you are intrested then take a look at www.three.co.uk for more info on phones and services avaiable from three . :D

I thought three were having a great deal of trouble, I noticed them on brassed-off britain where customers were complaining that calls were constantly being dropped and when people tried to call you they kept getting voicemail.

Also I know there is major problems with 3g coverage, as many places dont have 3g coverage... including York city centre! I went to sample three when I was looking at changing networks and was told I couldnt sample it as the 3g service was not functioning... doesnt inspire you with confidence!

I understand your concern dale. But I havent had problems where im located. 3G works fine and where 3G is not available it will rome over to 2G. Of course there are going to be problems with this service now and again as the technology is so new. Three is the only operator that have a live 3G network where Vodafone, O2, and T-Mobile are still experimenting. I do believe vodafone have launched a 3G service but you can only access it with a mobile pcmia card. I do believe three is the cheapest around at the moment. If you wonder why I did not include Orange it is because Hutchinson telecom own three and orange and 3g will not be included on the 2G orange network

i had looked at three as heard alot of good reports especially as mentioned earlier with tarrifs dirt cheap etc

dont like the phones though... currently got nokia 6600 on orange but thats going hopefully this week and all being well ive got the new nokia 6230 but gone onto t mobile now as nearly all my mates are on it and got a decent off peak tarrif as i use company phone if i need to during day

maybe 3 might introduce some more phones soon

Three have some good tariffs, but you must have a Three phone.

When not in the 3 area I think it roams in the UK using O2's network, but again only with a 3 handset.

This is mainly because the SIM cards are NOT compatible with normal GSM handsets (or vice-versa), so you can't put it into your good old Nokia 6xxx with handsfree car kit for example. I found that one out the hard way, but luckily 3 had their money-back option (though the dealer took some time and effort to cough up).

Haven't studied the latest 3 handsets; presumably some of them must have handsfree operation by Bluetooth or whatever.

Archived