Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cpx Aux Fuse Blown

sd6446

Hi

I installed a Eurosec CPX alarm system a few years ago and it has worked great since then. However, the alarm went off yesterday (because a door blew open in the wind), and when I switched the alarm off, there was an error on the RKP saying either battery or fuse fault - may be coincidence? When I opened the main box, I found the AUX fuse (1A) had blown. I've replaced it and it blows again straight away on powerup. Am I right in thinking that the power for the speaker, bell box and PIRs goes throught this fuse? In which case, I guess it's just a process of elimination? Any other tips would be gratefully received,

Thanks

Steve.

It could be the bell or the cable, if you do not have a multi meter, disconect the cable at the bell reconnect it at the panel if it still blows the fuse the cables u/s if not its something wrong with the box or your wiring

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the response - good idea. I've checked each core to ensure no shorts, then checked continuity (by joining certain cores at one end), and the wiring looks ok. Therefore, I've ordered a new bell box...

Just to let you know, the fault was with the old bellbox (Eurosec XS3D). Having replaced it with a new one, the fuse is no longer blowing.

Archived