Security Installer Community

Scantronic I-On 40 Web Access Via Internet

timdepourcq

Hi All,

I successfully installed my new i-on40 panel with the internal web server. It is connected to my internal home network via the onboard ethernet port. Accessing it locally from my lan works fine.

What I tried now is opening that port in my router (port forwarding) so I would be able to access it via my ddns host name. (http://ddnshostname:port)

But I keep seeing a blank page.

Is the internal webserver only accepting connections from within it's own LAN? (what I could understand from a security perspective off course)

Thanks in advance.

Whilst the unit is in the Dmz, run the command line application netstat /a. then run it again without the unit on, and work out which other ports are being used by comparing the two lists. make sure to quit unneeded applications before doing both tests to keep the list of used ports to a minimum.

There is also a downloadable utility called something like ipstat that will show all comms for you, but i cant remember the name, giyf for that one. a network sniffer would also do the job, but you may find the results confusing.

Archived