Security Installer Community

Replacement Dome

Hi Guys

I need to call upon the collective intellect of the forum once more! :)

My problem is trying to source a replacement dome for an existing PTZ housing, the customer purchased the camera online complete with housing (Sony Ipela SNC-RX570P and Videolarm 45-HPF7-5120) but would prefer a smoked bubble as opposed to the clear bubble it came with

I have spoken with tinting guys who say it cant be tinted with film as its plastic (the heat taken to shape the film may distort the plastic and the film can react with the plastic too), I have looked at tinting sprays but am reluctant to use these as it may react or not be clear enough (I imagine the spray to simply be a weak form of paint)

I have spent all morning trying to source a replacement from various companies but as its an unusual brand ("Videolarm" - American apparently) no one seems able to help (I even tried the importer with no success)

So, in simple terms I simply want to purchase a replacement 8" (diameter - outside edge of lip to outside edge of lip) smoked bubble - can anyone suggest a solution as I`ve had zero luck so far

Thanks in advance :)

you can get a tint spray, but you will lose a bit of low light performance.

Thanks for the reply

Yep, I picked up a can of spray tint yesterday and will experiment this morning

I can live with slightly less low light performance but is clarity reduced with the spray (I imagine the spray to be a weak form of paint)?

Archived