Security Installer Community

Ip Camera Remote Viewing Software

petrolhead

I'm looking for a piece of software for remotely viewing IP camera feeds from multiple sites, 1 camera at each site, looking to start with 10 sites and if it is a success roll it out to 200 sites. The idea is these sites already have remote door entry systems with a trade button, when the trade button is pressed a speech enabled dialler calls our arc and the caller identifies themself and the arc opens the door. I'd like to be able to add an IP camera at the door connected to the sites internet connection so that when the arc operator receives a call from an unrecognised voice they can open the viewer application which would be minimised on the taskbar, pick the site ID from a drop down list or type it in, and be able to view and record the feed from the camera to see who is there, check ID badges etc. It only needs to record and view short clips on request so hopefully it wouldn't take masses of disk space.

Has anyone come across a piece of remote viewing software capable of being used in this way? Up until now its mostly been analogue cameras and dvrs I've been working with so any suggestions on where to start would be great.

cheers

milestone. will do the job. the only problem you may have is the push button operation. some ip cameras do come with alarm signal that you can attach to the button but you have to look for them. sanyo/samsung/avermedia/ or you will need to run milestone at both locations. or you could use the motion detect from the camera. this is a better way as you will get an alert of anyone at the door if they push the button or not.

http://www.milestonesys.com/

I'll have a look at that then, I don't need the signal from the trade button, they will still be using the existing combined warden call/door entry system for the activation to the arc, the audio and control of the door, the customer is just after being able to see the person at the door if they don't recognise the caller.

How many remote locations can it handle? when it says 16 does that mean 16 recording at one time or 16 total? I only want to view and record one at a time but it has to be able to deal with 200 sites, also how quick is it to select a camera out of the list?

I looked at milestone, but for the version that supports more than 64 cameras its £1600 for the base software then £160 per camera coming to over 30 grand just for the software alone. I think its a bit on the expensive side since we only need to be able to view or record 2 video feed simultaneously but have the ability to select from 200 cameras.

I tried security monitor pro but that has an awkward method for switching between feeds that won't scale well.

Any other suggestions?

I looked at milestone, but for the version that supports more than 64 cameras its £1600 for the base software then £160 per camera coming to over 30 grand just for the software alone. I think its a bit on the expensive side since we only need to be able to view or record 2 video feed simultaneously but have the ability to select from 200 cameras.

I tried security monitor pro but that has an awkward method for switching between feeds that won't scale well.

Any other suggestions?

hi. another way would be to use all the same ip cameras make. and then use a CMS software. avermedia do 1.3mp and there cm3000 will control 1000 cameras.

Archived