Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-20 Ethernet Module Qu?

I have been trying to find a way of accessing my Galaxy G2-20 Alarm panel via the web and (perhaps :hmm: foolishly) purchased a Galaxy Ethernet Module 2 (Honeywell Part no.E080-2).Software vers 2.01 hardware 1.00.

On reading the installation instructions I now see that it is compatable with Galaxy panels 8,18,60,128,500,504 and 512 !!

Does anyone know if the module might work with a G2-20 and if so can it be programmed for direct web access or is the Galaxy Gold software an absolute requirement?

Thanx

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to find a way of accessing my Galaxy G2-20 Alarm panel via the web and (perhaps :hmm: foolishly) purchased a Galaxy Ethernet Module 2 (Honeywell Part no.E080-2).Software vers 2.01 hardware 1.00.

On reading the installation instructions I now see that it is compatable with Galaxy panels 8,18,60,128,500,504 and 512 !!

Does anyone know if the module might work with a G2-20 and if so can it be programmed for direct web access or is the Galaxy Gold software an absolute requirement?

Thanx

Galaxy Gold doesn't work with the G2 panel. You need the latest RSS software to connect to the E080-2 module. The downside is that there is no virtual keypad capability with the G2-20 and RSS let alone any type of web access. You only get simple set/unset and panel programming options. If you have fitted the module to your panel, you will know if your panel firmware is new enough to support it. Your E080-2 module firmware is also pretty old, as the current is 2.08 :( You're not totally stuck with the G2 though, google for Virtual Keypad for the Honeywell Galaxy.

Regards,

Archived