Security Installer Community

Salto Access Control

hi all.

working on a site where they have salto access control ip based but the software has gone bye bye. do any of you have access to download it or is it a case of having to contact salto to buy a new copy?

hi all.

working on a site where they have salto access control ip based but the software has gone bye bye. do any of you have access to download it or is it a case of having to contact salto to buy a new copy?

I beleive the software is free but Salto is closed school you have to be a Salto installer to get it. We are just about to install our first Salto site the council are insisting on Salto and I have had to go through a third party to buy the kit until Ive sold enough of the kit to become Salto approved. I looked at the kit at Ifsec it all seems fairly straight forward if you can move a mouse round a screen

I worked on a Salto IP system earlier this year, The IP controller had been blown up

By some numpty doing an insulation test on the electrical installation.

This was the first one i had ever worked on, Once i had the new IP unit it just needed configuring.

I found the software really easy to navigate through and to configure, I was quite surprised.

The only issue i have, is when I contacted Salto for assistance they were very unhelpfull.

Apparently because I was not an approved installer of their products I receive no support,

They would not even send me a PDF of the system instructions or user guide itself, This is after

confirming the software serial and site address.... Quite poor really,

However as stated earlier, I am sure you will fly aroung the software as its quite easy to follow.

Regards,

do you know where to get the software from?

I have the software on my laptop, The problem is, that you cant install it

properly because although I have a valid genuine serial number, SALTO say you

can only install it on one PC. Very pathetic if you ask me, As its 101% Gen serial

Archived