Security Installer Community

Dvr Triggering Dialler

mikef

I've installed a menvier SD3 thats connected to output of a Samsung SHR6042 dvr, the DVR is setup with record schedules but there doesnt appear to be an alarm schedule only seems i can set it up to record on alarms. Does this mean the alarms are pernamently active or am i missing something.

Anyone had this issue?

cheers

Is it not either "schedule and event (alarm)" or "manual and event"? In both cases the alarm inputs should work. What are you using to trigger an alarm, camera motion detection of some kind of detector?

we are using redwalls the dvr and dialler are registering alarms, but they only wont the alarms to trigger the dialler at certain times because at the moment its constantly triggering the dialler in the day when there are builders working, so we have had to turn it off in the day and turn it back on at night but I think we are going to have to add a quartz 7 day timer so it will only let alarms come through to the dialler at scheduled times?

Ah, I'm with you now, I had the impression this was at home but it sounds like you're not on site every day in this instance. A timed relay on the negative return to the Redwalls then perhaps.

I don't know the SD3 (other than that it's a good bit of kit) but is there not some way of programming that otherwise?

Archived