Security Installer Community

Which Drill To Buy

mikef

I would also deffo recomend the Bosch 36v SDS, It kills the competition hands down

We have used Bosch Proffesional tools range for 8 years now, Very robust and solid kit.

After sales backup is excellent, 3 day collect, repair and return service. What more you need..

I would also deffo recomend the Bosch 36v SDS, It kills the competition hands down

We have used Bosch Proffesional tools range for 8 years now, Very robust and solid kit.

After sales backup is excellent, 3 day collect, repair and return service. What more you need..

That sounds reassuring

Saying it's good kit then following it up by admitting you've had repairs done.

Saying it's good kit then following it up by admitting you've had repairs done.

He doesn't say that Andrew,just suggesting the after sales is good-all said and done though-and as I've said before, I've got the 36v li-on kit and it's 5 years old-no repairs and no duff batts touch wood.

He doesn't say that Andrew,just suggesting the after sales is good-all said and done though-and as I've said before, I've got the 36v li-on kit and it's 5 years old-no repairs and no duff batts touch wood.

Ah, but, either he's had first hand experience of said service, or he's just quoting the blurb from the PR dept. :whistle:

Sorry, I did not make it clear enough...

I actually have about 18 Bosch Professional products, Some in warranty and some out of warranty

One of the tools i have, is the Cordless 14.4v SDS Grinder which packed up 5 weeks out of warranty

The motor had totally blown on it, I called them up for a repair on it and said that it had just ran

out of the 3 year warranty and how much would it cost,

They sent UPS to collect it, Then replaced the whole motor in it and shipped it back by UPS, all for free.

He said although it was out of warranty the life span should have been longer for the motor in it

A totally free repair as a good will gesture from Bosch.

This is why i have stuck with all their products, I refuse to use anything else and will always recomend them.

Getting back to the 36v Lithium SDS Drill, I have 2 of them. One is 4 years old, One is 18 months old

These get used 5 days a week constantly for masonly and auger bits, plus the occasional chisel action

Neither have ever let me down, battery life is amazing.

Hope this clears it up for you...

Regards

24v Blue Bosch gets my vote. We had the 'square battery' version for years and it was a cracking drill as are the newer ones. Then the firm 'upgraded' to 24v Makita ones which turned out to be an unmitigated disaster. The batteries just would not hold a charge. They had been charged the first time as per the instructions but would barely last a couple of red plug holes. They were all pretty much the same with my two batteries ranging from around 10 holes to 3 if you were lucky. Obviously a bad batch of batteries but the 'new' replacements exhibited similar charging problems. They would show fully charged after a few minutes in the charger but that was far from the truth! There were over 100 drills went back in favour of the newer 'rounded battery with red stripe' blue Bosch ones. Classic example of penny pinching gone bad!

"They put me in a box with my coat on! I know it doesn't sound much.."

Panasonic 14.4v sds, very powerful for its light size, pneumatic air hammer for easy drilling into concrete/brick and only weighs (2.3kg), converts to driver by using an adaptor that comes with it. But using wood/hss bits can be bit of a pain as you'll need another chuck. BUT I found it be an ideal one drill solution.

Sam

• 4 weeks later...

dewalt all the way for me just moving over to the lithium batteries now I won't buy anything else as there hard wearing and easy to repair yourself and parts are reasonable

if it ain't yellow it's not in the van plus only one type of battery and the new batteries are backwards compatable

plus only one battery for all the tools and I have a lot of them you look like a right mug plugging in 4 chargers

Archived