Security Installer Community

Ip Enabled Panels

IPAlarms

• 2 weeks later...

kiddin?

Nope - serious. There are so many bells only panels out there that could very easily be upgraded to IP with the right, low cost module.

look out for i-on50ex (no wireless onboard). should fit the bill, with no tittin, no burnt out 47ohm, cracked mica membranes etc...

All well and good, but you've just gone from a simple 50 quid upgrade to £???

I'm not talking about the type of regulated monitoring you trade guys do. I'm trying to stimulate a whole new market for web based automated monitoring over the Internet - so every penny counts.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

No - not speech dialers.

For panels without digicom outputs we want to get a trigger from the bell or strobe terminal and transmit an IP packet to our monitoring server. We have a device to do it already, but I want to find an even cheaper module.

thought accenta/optima had digi outputs? (from G3 anyway).

so if your module can xmit to your server on bell trig, then what? are you thinking auto call keyholders eg, for a set fee? kinda monitoring without hustle of regs?

eng went to 2 c/o today (neighbours) following power cut last night. original firm no longer. systems fitted in '97. never been serviced. both accentas. both paid c/o + batt. doubt they'll spend another penny on security for another 10yrs.

not trying to put off or diss, but just seems ppl who want cheap, mean foc.

thought accenta/optima had digi outputs? (from G3 anyway).

Accenta does, but not Optima.

so if your module can xmit to your server on bell trig, then what?

Customer decides what happens next. Email or SMS to any number of contacts is the norm.

are you thinking auto call keyholders eg, for a set fee?

Yes, but no fee.

kinda monitoring without hustle of regs?

You got it :yes:

not trying to put off or diss, but just seems ppl who want cheap, mean foc.

Exactly. That's the plan ;)

wonder where we'll all be in 14 yrs? (time since those panels were fitted i spoke about).

can you remember what mob you had? what computers could do?

wonder if the comms giants really will have taken over our industry.

seems to me the new "sim in every device", no panel, just hard wired router, pir/mrc sim'd might dominate.

2 way comms on everything, kit foc, self reporting status on monthly itemised bill, or direct to 4G etc..

i wish you well in your quest, but have reservations - not abt you, but those elusive bells only owners who buy on the cheap.

Not the comms giants - it will be the energy giants... SIM+HUB+Meters+WhiteGoods+No margins = Good luck remote monitoring sec industry

its French telecom with the beta sim set up. wernt they the first to do video phones?

Archived