Security Installer Community

Scantronic I-On40 Web Access

andyh747

Hi All,

I've recently installed an iON-40 panel and connected the panel to the house network using the onboard Ethernet connection. I can successfully access the login page but whatever combination of username and password I try I get 'an invalid username or password' error returned. I've tried both the Installer username and default passcode stated in the web user guide as well as the master username and code but again it returns an invalid username or password message. I've checked spelling, spaces and passwords but with no success. I even changed the codes through the panel but again no success in logging in. Have also tried two different laptops and two different browsers. Also tried connecting directing from panel to laptop but same result. As I'm getting the login page the network settings are correct. I've pinged the panel from a terminal window and all appears well.

Anyone with experience of these panels knows what the problem is? Any other suggestions to try?

Thanks in advance.

case sensitive?

Also check cookies are on etc. What browsers you tried?

Yes I've checked case. The web guide says the default username is "Installer'. I've tried with both upper and lower case "I". Cookies all switched on.

I've tried with Safari, Chrome, IE and the iPhone browser all with the same result - invalid username or password. Also tried on three different computers now but with exactly the same response in each. It must be an issue with the Ethernet adaptor on the panel. I've emailed Cooper Security and will see what they say on Monday.

Thanks for the suggestions though. May try another cable tomorrow but as I'm getting the login page without problem I doubt it's that.

try cooper

Cooper weren't much help. They couldn't explain the reason and I had already tried everything they suggested. Unfortunately the only option was a reset back to factory defaults and then set the whole panel up again :realmad: . Anyway it now works so have no idea what the problem was. It was an authentication problem at the panel but what caused it I have no idea. Anyway can now access the panel remotely so all well.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The only time Ive had the problem you're decribing is when I've attemting to log in from a Blackberry - Java Scripts were disabled. The Browser would keep kicking you back to log in screen. Check Java settings/version on your PC.

For Information we tested on andriod and iphones and all available browsers for windows pc, worked every time!

Archived