Security Installer Community

Ziton Zp3 Panel

Hi All

Firstly Happy new year too all

before i start my post i perhaps should enlighten you all to myself. I am a 25 year old IT engineer (masters trained and a member of the IET,IEEE and BCS)

I am a nerdy geek as my friends call me. I am not a security engineer in any sense of the word however i have a good idea about how systems work and to SAFELY and correctly wire equipment up. I am currently about to start training to become a part P sparky

Now to my question: -

A friend of mine, a builder has recently purchased an old propery at an auction

On arriving at the site, all services (including leccy) we disconnected or powered down. In the building (old industrial building)

my friend (aaron) found a fire alarm panel, knowing i was interested in gizmo's he told me i could have it as he is going to knock the building down and rebuild into flats

I went to have a look (havent got the unit yet, will be getting it 2nd week in feb (when i go to remove it myself) and there is a ZP3 panel and 2 repeaters.

The zp3 had a note sellotaped to it (detectors removed, batteries disconnected, system defaulted, code = X X X X (not going to put code on forum although very easy to guess as a first attempt code). The repeaters dont power up, but having looked inside the panel it looked a tidy decommission, cabling removed

apparently the story was the building was purchased before aaron got it at auction to be used for offices and had started to be stripped, tidly. I believe the repeaters have just been disconnected, i could see around the site the backing boxes (red) from MCP's

I have looked on this forum and found that previous Ziton planner was offered for download in pm and i was wondering if i may obtain a copy of this software

and also is a zp3 a nice panel, is it easy to program

i have no intention of using it as a "Live" panel but more as a play about and experiment. At the most it might be screwed to a bit of mdf and a sounder and mcp purchased of ebay

and lastly. i have found manuals online showing the menu options but does anyone have an installation manual i may see, however i do respect it if i am not allowed as a non trade engineer

many thanks

Baz

p.s. its a 2 loop panel

sounds like your on steep learning curve, google & you'll find a software & lead can be purchased.

also beware if finding something is not working don't expect it will be easy to get going again, life of sensor in benign environment is 10 yr if they have been doing building works or any other work that make dust (carpet fitting removing)the sensor could well be knacked

as fire alarm is life safety system I would think twice before getting too involved as if there a requirement for the system to be in place it would be very unwise to do any work on the system without fully documenting all its short comings

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

sounds like your on steep learning curve, google & you'll find a software & lead can be purchased.

also beware if finding something is not working don't expect it will be easy to get going again, life of sensor in benign environment is 10 yr if they have been doing building works or any other work that make dust (carpet fitting removing)the sensor could well be knacked

as fire alarm is life safety system I would think twice before getting too involved as if there a requirement for the system to be in place it would be very unwise to do any work on the system without fully documenting all its short comings

Hi Mr Happy

thankyou for the advice, i havent managed to find is as of yet :( - any pointers hehe

is the zp3 a good panel?

the building this is coming from has the ZP3 panel and 2 repeaters only

the detectors mentioned are ones i might buy from ebay if all seems well

the panel would for me to tinker with and would never see a "Real Life" environment again

Archived