Security Installer Community

Alarm In New House

thedogsbits

Hi all,

this is my first post on the forum so please be gentle with me!! I have purchased a new house and am looking to use the alarm that is fitted in the property. The previous owners did not use the alarm. It looks like it could be a Gardtec 370 from the keypad. I am aware it may be a 500 series but I can't seem to find any reference to the series number. The keypad has fb in the display. I would like to find out how I go about starting to use the alarm. I do not have any manuals or previous codes.

Thank you

370 has a tiny panel blank end station.

500 series is white ish in colour if the latter.

Fault codes all the same FB = Fuse Blown.

Open the panel and check with a meter WARNING MAINS VOLTAEGS PRESENT, BE CAREFUL.

You probably have a damaged cable to a pir.

Time to test your skills or get someone in.

TBH if its a 370 bin it and get something a bit better.

If you don't have the codes you need an engineers mausl to show how to reset the user and engineers codes.

This forums rules do not allow members sending you this, so best contact GardTec Risco and ask or 'google' for it.

The panel as all GardTec panels is very robust, the 370/500 are very basic and long in the tooth, so you'd be wise to have quotes for updating and having the system designed for your own needs and risks.

If you fo get a manual and are able to insert the codes, I'd recommend to replace the battery, simply based on systems age.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Again, beware.

230 volts are present.

It can seriously hurt.Or kill.

A picture would give us a better indication of your panel and obviously better answers.

350 panel has a hinged lid, single lid screw at the top and very squared shap.

500 has a removable kid with a lid screw underneath and a sloping case - looks more like a hand dryer :).

Both have virtually the same software, and use the dame led keypads.

As said earlier have quotes, engineer will or should be versed in appropriate safer precautions - confidence is not competence!

Arfur

Thanks all for your feedback. My tongue still intact....From your info have reasoned that it is the 350 series. I'm in Glasgow and just moved from London. With all of your vast expieriences and the fact I'm new to the area. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a reputable alarm company/engineer?

thanks again

If your going vompletely unknown installer then use one with either NSI or SSAIB Logo's, as at least you have a path for complaint/arbitratio, I advise from mpov I'm not registered with either (so no bias hear ;) ).

Who ever you choose get several quotes, but pick the one who seems most clued up, not the cheapest or dearest - always

Arfur

Archived