Security Installer Community

Galaxy Rio And Bell Box

Frommo

We dont fit any scannies bar the 96/97 on small stuff. Are the rkps the same for the big scannies like smaller ones we fit? (used to be 9930 cant remember the new model no)

I can't think of one firm that fits menvier as standard anymore, most that did switched to prems. They were nice panels in the day, don't mind taking over menviers.

Really like the older stuff, love it if we find a t/o on a nice 690/900, so easy to default the codes ;)

Our MD doesn't like texe for some reason, i really like it though (use it only for iD panel replacement) Never really see them in the NW either?

We dont fit any scannies bar the 96/97 on small stuff. Are the rkps the same for the big scannies like smaller ones we fit? (used to be 9930 cant remember the new model no)

Really like the older stuff, love it if we find a t/o on a nice 690/900, so easy to default the codes ;)

Our MD doesn't like texe for some reason, i really like it though (use it only for iD panel replacement) Never really see them in the NW either?

never see what prems or menvier? seems everyone around here uses prem, alot were put off by the ***** panels they made in the past and the fact you could buy it every where. Will be alot better when they get a pin of the day option sorted.

Premiers? We don't see many really, i can only think of one we took over in Altricham................. Mostly the stuff we come across other firms using in the NW would be Galaxy/Scanny/Menvier/ADE - (:whistle: )?

Premiers? We don't see many really, i can only think of one we took over in Altricham................. Mostly the stuff we come across other firms using in the NW would be Galaxy/Scanny/Menvier/ADE - (:whistle: )?

Mono & Keyways are prob the biggest around manchester, both use prems.

• 2 months later...

Bring the tamper return back to a spare zone on the Rio and connect the 1k resistor in series straight into one side of the zone terminal. connect the other side of the zone to 0V if need be. Program the zone as tamper and give it a descriptor of Bell tamper. When the tamper switch is closed the zone will sit at 1k and be happy. when tamper opens the zone will show tamper OC and go into alarm. I know your issue has passed but try this for future installs that require 2 bells..

Looking to wire a second bell box at the back of the house into a galaxy dimension, but to save on cable run tried to wire it into a rio which is only a few feet away. The bell box is a texecom oddysey 3e. I have worked everything out except where to put the resistor on the tamper circuit. Tried putting the return from the bell box tamp connection to the panel through a 1k resistor but keep getting a high reisistance reading, the only way i could get it to work was to take the tamper return from one side of the microswitch through a 1k resistor back to the panel bypassing the tamp connection on the bell box pcb. Is this ok or is there a better way to do it ?

Bring the tamper return back to a spare zone on the Rio and connect the 1k resistor in series straight into one side of the zone terminal. connect the other side of the zone to 0V if need be. Program the zone as tamper and give it a descriptor of Bell tamper. When the tamper switch is closed the zone will sit at 1k and be happy. when tamper opens the zone will show tamper OC and go into alarm. I know your issue has passed but try this for future installs that require 2 bells..

Looking to wire a second bell box at the back of the house into a galaxy dimension, but to save on cable run tried to wire it into a rio which is only a few feet away. The bell box is a texecom oddysey 3e. I have worked everything out except where to put the resistor on the tamper circuit. Tried putting the return from the bell box tamp connection to the panel through a 1k resistor but keep getting a high reisistance reading, the only way i could get it to work was to take the tamper return from one side of the microswitch through a 1k resistor back to the panel bypassing the tamp connection on the bell box pcb. Is this ok or is there a better way to do it ?

Ideally you want to use a relay, but you might be able to modify the resistor value.

Archived