Security Installer Community

Grade 2 Or Grade 3? How Much Detection

Insurancebroker

I have been trying to understand the variance I see in risk assessments and grading. Plus the variance in detection levels on the system designs in see. Can you good people offer any simple advice on what I or the insured can do to choose the correct type of system and level of detection?

Many thanks

I presume you work in insurance? As such do you not offer some guidance to the customer on a minimum grade?

But it is a problem one mans grade 4 high risk site is another mans grade 1. I have released our risk assesment app that gives a good grounding on calculating a score and then a risk grade.

Deetection level is then another one. We tend to as a rule fit 2 sensors per room on the ground floor or vulnerable rooms. But many dont.

Also the client is paying the bill and usually feels that 1 sensor per room is sufficient and of course its cheaper. EN does not really currently cater for confirmation and as such police response so it isnt something that could be in the standards regarding detection level. There is some guidance in -7 however.

Maybe an option would be to have detection levels as part of the grading as you could have a small grade 3 system or a larger grade 2 system for a similar cost. Which one would be better? Depends on the expected skill level of the intruder(s)

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I have been trying to understand the variance I see in risk assessments and grading. Plus the variance in detection levels on the system designs in see. Can you good people offer any simple advice on what I or the insured can do to choose the correct type of system and level of detection?

Many thanks

Wasnt so long ago twas the insurer that dictated the risk. choosing the correct type/level starts with determining the risk.

Q,s. in terms of value of loss, what is the cut off from say a G2 to G3? What premium reduction for having a higher grade & remote monitoring option? What goods is the system protecting (ie ease of disposal)? Access to premises? etc.

• 4 months later...

2 detectors per room,...... what is wrong with inertia detection ,door and windows contacts ,a lot more time to install. Then scare the customer with cost. Then add metal external sounders ,alarm confirmation ,audio verification ,(proper) dual path signalling .Find all this with grade 3 labeling / certification ,then get grade 2 haircut to hide extra gray hairs !

Yes you still need detector/s in the room.

2 detectors per room,...... what is wrong with inertia detection ,door and windows contacts ,a lot more time to install. Then scare the customer with cost. Then add metal external sounders ,alarm confirmation ,audio verification ,(proper) dual path signalling .Find all this with grade 3 labeling / certification ,then get grade 2 haircut to hide extra gray hairs !

Yes you still need detector/s in the room.

are you against grading then Michael?

• 1 year later...

Archived