Security Installer Community

Boiler Issue

james.wilson

Had an issue last night while at work, missus phoned to say the rads were all cold and the stat wouldnt go any higher.

Got home to an error light on the boiler.

Error in the manual was a flame out. Check gas pressure etc.

As we are on LPG I thought **** ive run out of gas and its -10, went and bought some coal, logs etc and planned a huge fire.

Kept the house warm with 2 electric heaters, the hob and a proper proper fire, suprised the grate didnt melt.

Anyway as i was having such a fire i was staying awake and came accross bosch's forum (boiler) and people were reporting the same error as mine, called a plumber etc to find the condensate pipe had froze.

Never did last year but pulled the piping apart and loads of water came out. Condensate drain totally blocked from when it leaves the house. Lagged etc but still froze.

So heads up, if you have a condensing boiler check the drain pipe cos its damn cold without heating

ps picture of it sitting here at -10

post-6868-0-55804000-1291723241_thumb.jp

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

We had a Socrates boiler fitted by BG, about 3 months back. Same as you not heat via rads, go to boiler the pressur gaugevis below 1/2 bar.

I know I have to let more water in, but I can't work out how. Insert the plastic key nothing happens, gave it as much muscle as I dated but not shifting, we had the same valve on a valiant previous house.

Call BG get told Sunday? not happy resitectheir advertisement campaign, get Next dayer. Nut no show. My son stayed in, all we hot was a missed calling 2 rings.

Phones Sunday get appointment for Tuesday, I'm really annoyed now as this is before Amy snow in Essex.

Anyway, engineer turns up and shows me this little plastic thumb turn, no mention if it in fhe manuals and no way do infirm thing on a gas boiler.

Won't be renewing the 'backup' service next year, I'll just call them when needs be if I can't get another Plummer out.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived