Security Installer Community

Help With Alarm System.... Please Read...

alarmman123

I know what Oxo is saying to you, but think with respects we are in danger of straying into a 'red herrings' area (why I mentioned about 'confirmed').

If we accept the front door and/or hall pir can't be used for confirmed on it's own, it would only create an un-confirmed signal, (and ipso fatso don't require an engineer/ARC reset).

If the lounge activated at another prior time to your entering, you should have been advised by the monitoring co (ARC).

Now we get to the buts -:

But, if you are not the 1st key holder or unavailable at the time of the activation, or not registered with monitoring co, another key holder may have been called and advised, but perhaps has not attended, but then is there another key holder?

You can see from all this comment, alarm system diagnostics and acurate advice based on very limited and somewhat confusing info, on a system we have never seen, can be a tad tasking as best we all try :).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I know what Oxo is saying to you, but think with respects we are in danger of straying into a 'red herrings' area (why I mentioned about 'confirmed').

If we accept the front door and/or hall pir can't be used for confirmed on it's own, it would only create an un-confirmed signal, (and ipso fatso don't require an engineer/ARC reset).

If the lounge activated at another prior time to your entering, you should have been advised by the monitoring co (ARC).

Now we get to the buts -:

But, if you are not the 1st key holder or unavailable at the time of the activation, or not registered with monitoring co, another key holder may have been called and advised, but perhaps has not attended, but then is there another key holder?

You can see from all this comment, alarm system diagnostics and acurate advice based on very limited and somewhat confusing info, on a system we have never seen, can be a tad tasking as best we all try :).

Arfur

i do sorta understand what your on about and im not sure if its a policed system but i do think its monitored.

when i go in there tomorrow ill look round the property a bit better and ill look at what PIRs and door contacts there are.

it probably was a false alarm as i didnt close the front door when i was unarming the system it was open and quite windy so it could of been the cold as you did say...

diagnostics are difficult yes but all im gonna do now is go in tomorrow check for any signs of forced entry etc...

and if i remember ill take a camera and get some photos of the system if that would help.

animated888.gif

Photo's won't help unless you include some shots prior to activation, I'm a bit rusty with the time machine controls, and Dr Who is in Florida - maybe, so I can't ask him for Refresher course :).

As you don't have passwords, I suspect this might be an audio only system, but perhaps with a 'voice dialler' going to their mobiles, common enough configuration.

Arfur.

Photo's won't help unless you include some shots prior to activation, I'm a bit rusty with the time machine controls, and Dr Who is in Florida - maybe, so I can't ask him for Refresher course :).

As you don't have passwords, I suspect this might be an audio only system, but perhaps with a 'voice dialler' going to their mobiles, common enough configuration.

Arfur.

well we were in the house for about 10 mins after i unarmed the system and the house phone didnt ring at all.

correct me if im wrong but if it was being monitored the monitoring company would ring the house phone to see if everythings ok??

so it could be audio only

i could get some video prior to going into the house and unarming the system but depends if i remember the camera

animated888.gif

well we were in the house for about 10 mins after i unarmed the system and the house phone didnt ring at all.

correct me if im wrong but if it was being monitored the monitoring company would ring the house phone to see if everythings ok??

so it could be audio only

i could get some video prior to going into the house and unarming the system but depends if i remember the camera

Not so simple,

you could have activated pir on entry, unset and so system aborted external signal (depends on programming).

We don't know the age if the system, alarms have changed more often than your socks the last five tears, and panel software gets adapted accordingly to cater for it.

How a certain model of panel handles an event can vary conciderably, depending on the software version.

Just to many variants and possibles to sensibly advise you any further to be honest, best we can ever offer is educated guesses and explaining maybe's.

When they return, be obliged to know of any eightenments as we live and breath alarm systems in here.

Arfur

Not so simple,

you could have activated pir on entry, unset and so system aborted external signal (depends on programming).

We don't know the age if the system, alarms have changed more often than your socks the last five tears, and panel software gets adapted accordingly to cater for it.

How a certain model of panel handles an event can vary conciderably, depending on the software version.

Just to many variants and possibles to sensibly advise you any further to be honest, best we can ever offer is educated guesses and explaining maybe's.

When they return, be obliged to know of any eightenments as we live and breath alarm systems in here.

Arfur

ive taken in everything youve all said.

now i know things what it could/couldnt be.

its made the situation a bit clearer.

changeing the subject a bit...

im new to this forum, thought id join as ive always found alarm systems interesting and would like to learn a lot more :rolleyes:;)

cheers for all the help :)

animated888.gif

There is literally tons if info from engineers of different working experience and attitudes in here

You can put 2 very capable experienced engineers on the same fault, their views and so approach will differ tempered on their own experiences.

This is to the point engineer one is struggling eith a fault, engineer two assists and simply due to a different approach or routine (we all have our own) spots it of the bat.

I've often done it to others, as I have had done to me. but I claim very rarely :).

Enjoy!

Arfur

There is literally tons if info from engineers of different working experience and attitudes in here

You can put 2 very capable experienced engineers on the same fault, their views and so approach will differ tempered on their own experiences.

This is to the point engineer one is struggling eith a fault, engineer two assists and simply due to a different approach or routine (we all have our own) spots it of the bat.

I've often done it to others, as I have had done to me. but I claim very rarely :).

Enjoy!

Arfur

B)

animated888.gif

As above could be a non police digi or the auto abort caught it and its on reduced reset.

It seems either alter ego was spot on regarding the door or you have a slight problem with the system.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

As above could be a non police digi or the auto abort caught it and its on reduced reset. Oxo I wouldn't jump to such a negative conclusion so quickly. It seems either alter ego was spot on regarding the door or you have a slight problem with the system.

Not that i feel wounded of course

BUT #2 is well worth snother look me thinks just as a 'Point of order' James

Think i showed precission rapier like diagnostics, informed technical input along with a clear explanation, and also threw in a practical scenario example.for good measure.

Arfur = always the 'brides maid' etc. Etc. ;)

Arfur

//Forgot to say to o/p all good alarm engineers are also very very competitive trade types :).//

Archived