Security Installer Community

Pd6662:2010

Duppers

Hello everyone, first time forum provider.

Can anyone point me to an English version of a break down of the latest PD6662 and what they're trying to implement. When I say English I mean words of less than 3 syllables without forthwith or practicable.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide

Duppers

There is a bit of info on this in the trade side.

But that is a huge question without knowing your experience etc.

Do you know the old one?

Hi James, thanks for quick response. I'm in the difficult (and probaly not uncommon position), of coming into this from 8 years of install and service followed by a sales position where for 10 years in which I have been gradually fed the information from DD243 and PD6662 as and when my superiors learn it or it's flagged up in an inspection i.e. without having to get my head around all the terminology myself.

I've recently moved to a very young company which I am in the process of getting accredited (hopefully). The new company is very technical and I want to try and implement as many good practices as I can prior to our impending inspection and would appreciate any help I can get.

All the best, Duppers

your best bet is to get the std. There arnt any major chnages from the last version, and i did do an outline of this in trade i think

*edit

yep its here

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/28932-summary-of-changes-pd66622010/

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived