Security Installer Community

Chirping Noise On Landing

hpotter

New one on me.

customer phoned yesterday morning to ask if the chirping noise on landing was caused by our alarm. Secretary asked how frequent - every 5mins or so. Secretary checked paperwork, only got a PIR on landing.. "have you got a smoke detector on the landing?"

& the usual prevailed.

"our smoke detectors are mains operated, so cant be batteries", so secretary got eng to call (me).

"is it definetly inside the house & on the landing? & mains operated can still have batteries, definetly not the alarm, 100% sure."

"so why does the chirping only happen at night?"

"err, well maybe your at work? no? or maybe batteries perk up a bit (no i did NOT say that), ---- take the battery out & if you still get chirping call us & we'll come round"

Customer called this morning & told secretary, thanks for your help, thought you might like to know it's not the alarm (was our alarm yesterday) its...

we got a nest of crickets in the loft...

New one to me, seen rats, squirrels ect.

Back to the "Your Alarm syndrome" when I was on call we had one customer who always rang to say this, eventually I told him My Alarm is fine. Soon stopped playing that lark. Its always the same isn't it, when something isn't right or understood it is then "our Alarm".

Nope sorry you bought it, you paid for it, it`s yours!

irate neighbours...

"your alarm has been going for 3 hours..."

log says no, 15 mins (yep poss twice over).

how about the neighbour of system never serviced for ten years, that usually starts with "your FFF... ALARM"

The neighbour of system you took over who still has same firm next door moved from...

"I told them....."

The neighbour who fitted their own .... I cant go there this is public :whistle:

whent to a system in a town house last year, complaint was they had heard intruders on top floor but alarm did not activate,

checks it, i can not find any problems all is working fine, then noticed their kid leaves cricket balls on the top landing window sill, soon deduced one had rolled off down the stairs - bonk! ----------bonk! ------bonk! ----bonk! ------------Bonkand rumbled along the laminate floor and down the next flight ----bonk! ------bonk! ----bonk! :rolleyes:

tbh never know how to feel on these sort of calls, understandable human error and you want them to call you just in case it was a fault. against being annoyed for a stupid call out, but plain ruddy releived the alarm was not at fault - as originally claimed.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

customers mother-in-law house sitting, insisted pa was making noise at 7am every morning. despite all insistances, agreed to turn up just before 7 next day (sunday) & if pa, will eat hat, if not she pays £140 (think £120 at the time).

there was a travel alarm clock fallen behind bed leg. she refused to pay, son in law did though.

the one's of those i love, new people take over a house but don't then call for a PPM, so then siren starts up early hours because theyswitched of the power. they decide to get out the ladders, take some tools with them but get right along side the siren - then phone you :rolleyes: .

all you and they can hear is the screaming siren, end up having to shout at them to move away, waking up the whole house and neighbours 20 doors each way, it happened first week i moved in, neibours thought the strife and i were having one hell of a fight lol!

thing is, until you establish its notot one of your bonifide client you have to persist with help.

boy do they get a charge after though :bruce_h4h:

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived