Security Installer Community

24Volt Door Lock Problem

Bibbage

One thing to look out for is. Is there any pressure on the strike plate, cos if there is it wont release, try it with the door open. Apply light pressure against the plate and you'll see what I mean.

75% of the time this is the problem in my experience, adams rite strikes are pretty reliable.

I know the strike you mean, looks similar, but with a large ish brass screw at one end, annd swapping the pins changes it from fail open to fail locked ?

Apparently it's not the model in the photo.

Agreed, very odd for two strikes to both fail with same fault.

Sounds like it might be a Trimec one then ? Same applies, I'd try norbains website for a instruction manual.

Deffo a Trimec you have mixed up the pins which as mentioned facilitate fail open/fail safe.

As before pull apart the other one and remake both the same.

Both locks not locking would indicate a failing PSU, or both???relays going on keypad?. They both on same supply?

Also is there a varistor fitted?

This diagram should be of help.

Deffo a Trimec you have mixed up the pins which as mentioned facilitate fail open/fail safe.

As before pull apart the other one and remake both the same.

Both locks not locking would indicate a failing PSU, or both???relays going on keypad?. They both on same supply?

Also is there a varistor fitted?

This diagram should be of help.

Thanks for that spot on, I got it right and as someone else has already said there is pressure on it when the door is closed, so pressure has got to taken off before it will open. Great thanks

Archived