Security Installer Community

Courses And Training Companies

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am after some info and really look forward to receiving your responses.

I am looking to take some courses where I can can become qualified to install security systems and test/service them.

I live in Basingstoke so looking to train near my home.

Thanks

Mark

As James posted, tavcom, just down M3 from you - well Bishops Waltham.

Nearest college I know of for C & G would be Dartford (must be one closer), eves 6-9pm Mon or Tues depends on year. (also do day college)

If possible would suggest getting in with a firm as putting theory to work is far better imo.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have a couple more questions 1st I have looked on the Tavcom website and there is rather alot of courses for cctv and intruder alarms, From reading the headings and info I think the following courses are best for me.

CCTV 2.1

CCTV Installation

This action packed workshop-based course is designed for those who wish to enhance their skills in the installation of the latest analogue and digital CCTV equipment - including IP technology - used in today's security industry.

CCTV 2.3

CCTV Repair and Maintenance

A highly enjoyable training course with a strong practical emphasis. The content has been specifically designed to assist all security systems engineers who need to improve their CCTV diagnostic and rectification skills.

AL 1

Foundation Intruder Alarms

This excellent blend of classroom theory and hands-on practical training will provide you with the fundamental skills to install, commission and maintain ‘state of the art’ alarm systems. The course also explains the requirements and implications of new legislation.

Would I need to do any of the other courses or would this be enough? Bear in mind I only want to do this to run along side my current job.

Q2

I have tried a couple of little local firms but they don't seem interested in taking anyone on even though I said I wasn't looking to be paid. Do any of you know anyone in my area that can help?

Thanks

Mark

Would I need to do any of the other courses or would this be enough? Bear in mind I only want to do this to run along side my current job.

I have tried a couple of little local firms but they don't seem interested in taking anyone on even though I said I wasn't looking to be paid. Do any of you know anyone in my area that can help?

The C & G will give you indepth understanding from electricity/magnetism upwards, on paper...

The tavcom (eg) courses give few days to play with kit/bit of basics (kinda - need to know)...

Working alongside experienced eng gives confidence & onsite understanding of a system...

All three and you'll soon work your way up to £16k pa, sleepless nights, car with no brake pads, divorce/"seperated", & 9 points on your licence....

• 1 year later...

Archived