Security Installer Community

Camera Recommendation

BBSS

Following on from a previous topic about wireless data transmission I am now looking for some advice on the cameras.

The criteria is.

To have a good view of the entrance to the driveway which is sited 50m away from the outbuilding it will be mounted to. Either built in IR or if it won't be up to the job with the built in IR then I can fit an IR lamp closer to the entrance. I can't fit the camera to this building due to it being to the side of the driveway entrance and would give a poor view.

I also have 3 other positions I am looking at covering. One of these positions is across the courtyard so ideally I need something with built in IR and decent day/night coverage. Nothing to obtrusive

The other 2 positions are on the front and rear of the boiler house. This will give all round coverage of the property one of these is in a small area so looking for built in IR and nothing to obtrusive and the second one needs to be covering the main rear patio approximately 20m away. This one will need to be mounted on a pole to get the camera up in the area a couple of metres due to a low roof. Again with IR

Any advice on products and links to suppliers is appreciated. Normally the majority of our work is sub contracting so to be this side of things is both refreshing yet a little intimidating however keen to get it right.

Regards

bbss

You can use the techmaster app i posted to calculate the lens's required but cam you simplify the request with

cam1 = scene to view, cam specs req etc

cam2 = etc etc

cam3 =

James

Camera 1 Aimed at driveway entrance. Subject 50m away. Integrated IR or IR mounted on adjacent outbuilding. No other additional lighting present

Camera 2 Aimed at courtyard. Subject area 20m sq. Integrated IR. little additional lighting

Camera 3 Aimed at rear door area. Subject area 10m sq. Integrated IR. No additional lighting

Camera 4 Aimed at rear patio. Subject distance 15m away. Integrated IR. Looking to go pole mount to elevate from low roof and raised steps. Little patio lighting present

Is this what your after James?

ok then

cam 1

Ill assume you want a 4m scene width on this one if so you need a 60mm lens at 1/3" camera wise id recommend the stuff we use a bosch dinion

Lighting wise i wouldnt use anything with built in ir and id suggest a fairly manly spot ir unit

cam 2

As your saying 20 sq m then im assuming you would normally use an el cheapo type integrated ir bullet / dome. If so id carry on with that but use one witha varifocal lens

cam 3 as above

cam 4

Assuming a 20m view and as its a patio a 10m scene width? if so a 9.6mm lens

A bit more info for ya

on camera 1

the guidlines are for recognition etc that you need a certain % of screen height for a 1.7m target, again techmaster will give you these values but

5% Monitoring = 566m

10% Detection = 283m

50% recognition = 56.67m

120% Identification = 34m

but on cam 3 on an 8mm lens

5% Monitoring = 75m

10% Detection = 37m

50% recognition = 7.5m

120% Identification = 4.53m

as cam 3 im assuming the target could be 10m away then you may never achieve recognition. The only way around this is to use a longer focal length and restrict the scene area, or up the pixel count recorded (ie not PAL)

Hope that helps

James

ps cam choice is a whole seperate debate lol

post-6868-049113500 1276470521_thumb.jpg

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived