Security Installer Community

London Marathon 2011

mcelec

Hi everyone,

I Started the year in really bad physical shape 5'9" and weighing 15 stone! I turned 30 in January and decided it time to get fit!

Started going down to my local gym and running a lot, now im still 5'9" (so im still short, lol) but im now 12 stone!

Last weekend I took part in my first ever 10k race, the mersey tunnel 10K and finished in 49:28, im also doing the city of manchester 10k on the 4th of July.

So why all the training?? well I have been lucky enough to get a place in the 2011 london marathon, i will be running on behalf of a charity called Tommy's

Tommy's research the cause of problems during pregnancy and hopefully one day there research will mean an end to parents losing there children during pregnancy.

I Have chose Tommy's as me and my wife lost our first child at 23 weeks back in 2003 and since then I have done whatever i can to help raise funds and awareness for Tommy's

If anyone would like to support Tommy's you can do so by sponsoring me online at the following url http://www.tommys.org/markconnorCLICK HERE TO DONATE

any donation however big or small will be very much appreciated and could go a long way to saving a childs life.

Kind regards & many thanks,

Mark

Guest RJBsec

Well done on your weightloss acheivements and your running - please don't be discouraged by not growing taller, it's probably only as a result of compression on your legs whilst you've been treading the pavements. :P

good luck mark. Ill sort out some sponsership for the marathon.

James

Thanks James, any donation would be very much appreciated :)

Well done on your weightloss acheivements and your running - please don't be discouraged by not growing taller, it's probably only as a result of compression on your legs whilst you've been treading the pavements. :P

Ha ha I like to think being short helps with the running! with having a lower centre of gravity!

Archived