Security Installer Community

Galaxy 96

Amps

Is there more than one data line on a galaxy 96 ? If there is only one, is it still possibly to connect two lines if an onboard resistor is cut? I know this was possible on a galaxy 60 but have no idea about the new stuff. Ta.

Guest old-hand

Two lines on a 96.

I take it you want to fit two keypads at each end of a property.

For your info

GD48 1 line

GD96 2 lines

GD264 2 lines

GD520 4 lines

cheers

Two lines on a 96.

I take it you want to fit two keypads at each end of a property.

For your info

GD48 1 line

GD96 2 lines

GD264 2 lines

GD520 4 lines

cheers

Existing galaxy 48 that is wired with two data runs, i'm not up to date with galaxy and couldn't figure out where/which/if resistor needs cutting like with the old galaxy 60. Two lines on the 96 you say so thats problem solved, nice one :cheersbeer.gif

Changed the 48 for the 96 today, do i take it that the aux. tamp terminal is for the negative bell tamper return? If so i couldn't get the panel to trigger with a negative return removed. Any ideas/pointers ? :eekout:

Also as i now have a "free" Galaxy 48 to play with i'm thinking of uprading my house alarm Abacus 6 LCD :) and i'd like to set the Galaxy up for remote access, is it possibly to get free Galaxy Gold software anywhere ?

Guest old-hand

LOL @ free Gold.

When testing the tamper return on the bell were you still in engineering by any chance?.

LOL @ free Gold.

When testing the tamper return on the bell were you still in engineering by any chance?.

Never got chance to test in day mode mate i just thought the fault aux. tamper would show with the rio tamper faults when i tried to exit engineers mode. Will give it a go tomorrow.

Clicked on you "free Gold" link but doesn't seem to work ;)

Guest old-hand
Never got chance to test in day mode mate i just thought the fault aux. tamper would show with the rio tamper faults when i tried to exit engineers mode. Will give it a go tomorrow.

Should have TBH. You are running the GRD to AUX tamper for the -ve return? Try it with the RIO`s closed and lid tamper closed too to prove the point.

Is there more than one data line on a galaxy 96 ? If there is only one, is it still possibly to connect two lines if an onboard resistor is cut? I know this was possible on a galaxy 60 but have no idea about the new stuff. Ta.

On the GD96 you've got 2 jumpers LK3 & LK5 behind the 485 bus which have replaced the onboard resistors which you'd cut in the G60 so you could run the data cable in 2 directions from one data line.

• 1 year later...

On the GD96 you've got 2 jumpers LK3 & LK5 behind the 485 bus which have replaced the onboard resistors which you'd cut in the G60 so you could run the data cable in 2 directions from one data line.

Beat me to it i was going to mention you could have just used a new 48 Panle over the 96.Remove link 3 on the 48.

Archived