Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas Exel Alarm Panel Help Please

hi had an alarm fitted 3 years ago an texecom veritas exel alarm panel no problems but now want to install a Autodialler

ps i have fitted dialer in a alarm i fitted only a few months ago with your help no problem

on an Accenta Mini G4 Alarm Panel this is from memory but bought with your help on quality and what one to pick and installed in only a few hours inc drilling through 2 foot wall to get cable route !

back to the problem the installer of the alarm system has gone bust/or not there any more so and because i did one before want to install this as well

in the instruction manual of the dialer the alarm panel has to be power down on install we do know the user number but not the engineer number would this be a problem

from looking on line the texecom has a outputs for a dialer so should be only conecting cable from one to another

dialer that i will be using will be the Texecom Speech Dialler

any pointer and a bit of help with if i can get away with out reseting the alarm panal to get the engineer number would be great thanks

angel

Guest old-hand

Dependant on how it was programmed you may be able to do this yourself. Trouble is you will not know until you try it.

You could "hot Wire" the digi but if it is on engineer tamper reset you will be stuffed when you close the lid.

having read you post 3 or 4 times it is very hard to understand you so I'll assume your possibly bilingual ?

anyway regarding your last sentence: are you asking for the engineer code to the panel or a local engineers phone number?

C.

Guest old-hand
any pointer and a bit of help with if i can get away Without reseting the alarm panal to get the engineer number would be great thanks

angel

C hes not asked for a eng code.

Guest old-hand

If he/she wants to try and its not programmed right it will work. then time to think about it being installed properly.

If it is, he/she will still need an engineer.

Suck it and see time baby.

hi i know you can not supply the code for the panal but if i open the panel and the alarm will not stop because tamper on the box reqires the engineer code would i be stumped

i am an sparky by trade but tend to pass on alarms unless a friend or family member needs

and i know from past times one time i went in to place to work there are norm a reset for most panels with in the panel itself you just have to know the default codes

hi i know you can not supply the code for the panal but if i open the panel and the alarm will not stop because tamper on the box reqires the engineer code would i be stumped

i am an sparky by trade but tend to pass on alarms unless a friend or family member needs

and i know from past times one time i went in to place to work there are norm a reset for most panels with in the panel itself you just have to know the default codes

AGreed on panles that default. However some panels wont default the codes for security reasons, so it really does depend

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived