I just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing with these texecom PIRs

I have run 8core cable in the house using T-EOL , a "four wire" system

12v red

0v Black

alarm (2 connections) green and white, one colour in each terminal

tamper (2 Connections) yellow and blue, one colour in each terminal

The PIR has the following connections

TEST, SET, 0V (Black), 12V (Red), T-EOL, RLED, SPARE

I'm assuming the green & white (2cores) goes into T-EOL, OV (Black) 12V (Red)

where should i put the 2 connections for the tamper for this PIR?

The same goes for wiring up the shock sensors (IMPAQ) which are straightforward (this i think i correct)

Tamper (yellow & Blue) Alarm (Green & White) 0V (Black) 12V (Red)

Appreciate the advise on the PIR

Thanks Very Much in advance

Not familiar with your system but noticed you mentioned End Of Line. This means tamper is monitored on the alarm pair of wires via the resistance of the loop, therefore there is no need for second pair of *tamper* wires.

Check your manual, should tell you how to prog panel for either 2 x closed loop (4 wires + power) or fully supervised loop (2 wires + power).

Not familiar with your system but noticed you mentioned End Of Line. This means tamper is monitored on the alarm pair of wires via the resistance of the loop, therefore there is no need for second pair of *tamper* wires.

Check your manual, should tell you how to prog panel for either 2 x closed loop (4 wires + power) or fully supervised loop (2 wires + power).

Hi, I have fitted one of these panels recently and to expand on the above post:

1. As hpotter says, the control panel programming has an option for 'zone wiring' under the 'zone set up' section to chose Double pole/EOL or T/EOL.

2. Chose T/EOL (triple EOL - alarm, tamper and mask fault) option, then the system will monitor one pair of cores on the AMDT PIRs. In the case of the Prestige AMDT, these will be wired to the two T/EOL terminals. Wire +ve and -ve as normal and the tamper pairs available for the AMDT PIRs are therefore redundant.

3. As for the shock sensor, it sounds as though you are prepared to wire this as 'double pole' and use a separate tamper circuit. I assume then that the system wiring is based on 2 x closed loop (4 wires + power) as explained above. If this is the case, then the system should be able to monitor the separate tamper configurations providing T/EOL option is chosen.

.....that's if I understand the manual correctly as I did not use T/EOL sensors.

There's no substitute for experience .......... so all opinions welcome!

Hi, I have fitted one of these panels recently and to expand on the above post:

1. As hpotter says, the control panel programming has an option for 'zone wiring' under the 'zone set up' section to chose Double pole/EOL or T/EOL.

2. Chose T/EOL (triple EOL - alarm, tamper and mask fault) option, then the system will monitor one pair of cores on the AMDT PIRs. In the case of the Prestige AMDT, these will be wired to the two T/EOL terminals. Wire +ve and -ve as normal and the tamper pairs available for the AMDT PIRs are therefore redundant.

3. As for the shock sensor, it sounds as though you are prepared to wire this as 'double pole' and use a separate tamper circuit. I assume then that the system wiring is based on 2 x closed loop (4 wires + power) as explained above. If this is the case, then the system should be able to monitor the separate tamper configurations providing T/EOL option is chosen.

.....that's if I understand the manual correctly as I did not use T/EOL sensors.

Lads thanks very much for taking the time out to reply,

that information, that helped me out big time

Should be okay now

Archived