Security Installer Community

Visonic Duo

Guest Pace Electrical

Guest Pace Electrical

Hi all, I have just fitted three Visonic Duo's in a customers house as replacments for three old standard p.i.r's that had become unreliable. After walk testing and setting up, two of the new units were doing somthing odd. About 4 seconds after alarm condition had cleared the l.e.d. was showing a constant green as if the m.w. sensor was perminantly triggered, and then any subsiquent movement sent the detector straight into alarm condition. No amount of adjustment to the dil switches m.w. pot or p.c.b. position made any difference. I phoned visonic and they could not help and said I probably had 2 faulty units. I dicided to swap p.c.b's between the working unit and one of the faulty ones as the mounting hight was different. When I powered the three sensore back up the problem was gone and they were working in the correct way (green l/e/d/ flashing then red l.e.d.(full alarm)) and then back to no l.e.d. Is this just an electronic glitch solved when I re-powerd the sensors? or should I be fitting replacment units to save future agro?

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Guest S&K SYSTEMS

IT COULD BE STATIC IF YOU HAVE PROBS AGAIN TRY RUNNIG YOUR FINGERS DOWN THE BACK OF THE PCB DISCONECT POWER FIRST THEN GIVE IT A GO

:D

have also had this problem with the k980 duo

were they back to back? the mw field is throw backwards too, and can interfere...

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Guest Pace Electrical

James, I think you are right, the two affected units are back to back, either side of a brick and plaster internal wall at the same level. Its a pitty they dont mention this in the instructions and its also a pitty the guy at tech help did'nt know about this problem. Do you think there is any way of shielding them from eachother as moving one will be a right pain!

Paul.

Can 1 be replaced with just a PIR or do they both need to be Dualtecs?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest S&K SYSTEMS

yes you can but did you replace the standard for dual tec cos false alarms if so try a quad hope it helps

Guest Pace Electrical

The old units were standard p.i.r's about 15 years old and full of cobwebs! At least one had been causing false activations. Having used visonic duo's before with no problems I thought they would be ideal replacments. I can move one unit if I realy have to but I will try the foil If you think it will work? I have seen foil inside other makes of detector.

Paul.

Guest marcjacobs

I had the same problem with a new Visonic Next PIR/MW, but I got a new one in 2 days! I think the electronics in each type Visonic PIR/MW is for 90% the same.

Archived