Security Installer Community

Securicor Genesis

whistle

I have to quote to upgrade the panel / expanders to a galaxy 3. The question is how are they wired?

Never realy worked on one so not sure how they are set up. The site has areound 30 - 40 zones.

I have to give 2 quotes one for controls only and one for full new system, i will be pushing the 2nd option as its about 20 years old with no URN.

cheers Lads..

I remember i had to upgrade a 10-15y old alarm system 20 zones (cant remember the make) to scantronic 9853. And the old panel had like one common for 3zones and the way it was cabled. Biggest nightmare i ever had lol. So take yor time, those upgrades might take longer then expected lol.

Guest RJBsec

Removed one about a year ago, standard eol to detectors and a 12-core to a remote psu which also brought circuits back to the main panel.

Fitted M800 and MSNode and replaced all detectors, (very old PIR's!), with G3 dualtecs.

Can't see how you could do anything other than full upgrade really if it's a G3 URN install.

No..

Customer may stay without a urn and just go for a panel change. ??? God knows why.. But at least i get new controls and another contract on the books.

The other option is full upgrade and a URN.

Wires in 2 different ways.

Some small version zones went back to panel, but most were wired in data loop with a little box for each zone called a MLI. You could also have 3 A,B,C zones on each zone. Just put a differnt size resistor for each A,B,C and then a standard 1k end of line.

If the systems was small and zones went back to panel was easy for panel change to galaxy, as you dont have to touch zones, 2k across and 1k end of line. Upgrade loads during my time as sales engineer for Initial, are the good old days.

:P

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Archived