Security Installer Community

Guardall Px Systems

We have just took over 15 sites ( with possible 50 to follow ) that are running Guardall PX Systems. All are on "Pin of the day". By luck I have the engineer code for the default date of Monday 7th September 1992, unfortunately at midnight it is a new code and I am stuffed. It is my understanding that I can turn it off and use our code with Guard station remote. My question is . . . Is it as easy as just downloading a software flash or do I need the four digit seed number. Also. . . Is it possible to get the four digit seed number from the P C generating programme with a valid date and code. I dont want to have to change the panels.

Thanks

Tam

We have just took over 15 sites ( with possible 50 to follow ) that are running Guardall PX Systems. All are on "Pin of the day". By luck I have the engineer code for the default date of Monday 7th September 1992, unfortunately at midnight it is a new code and I am stuffed. It is my understanding that I can turn it off and use our code with Guard station remote. My question is . . . Is it as easy as just downloading a software flash or do I need the four digit seed number. Also. . . Is it possible to get the four digit seed number from the P C generating programme with a valid date and code. I dont want to have to change the panels.

Thanks

Tam

Seems to be a lot of people taking over Chubb PX's :hmm:

The easiest way would be to flash the panels with standard software, maybe do a upgrade but would check with Guardall tech support first..

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Seems to be a lot of people taking over Chubb PX's :hmm:

Seems to be the way of the world, while the good times are rolling no one has time to care what the big nationals are charging. As soon as anybody has to look inwardly financially, one of the first decisions they will probably make is why am I paying these ridiculous prices when I can get a local company to do a better job and most importantly to the customer cheaper.

Archived