Security Installer Community

cctv on single storey buildings

Guest anthonydickens1

Guest anthonydickens1

Hi

This may seem like a daft question, but here goes, I am installing a system on a single storey building. This means that the cameras will be quite easy to get at. Is there any way to prevent people from spraying paint over the lenses or snipping the cables?

The possibilities i am considering at the moment are using hidden cameras and displaying dummy cameras.

or

Putting the cameras on poles, which will look unsightyly

Any alternatives???

Hi

For external cameras that are easy to reach, I would reccomend anti vandal flush mount housings, your not going to be able to do alot to prevent the glass getting sprayed etc, apart from install it out of reach, poles will inevitably be climbed, external housing brackets will inevitably be used to swing off.

To protect the cables, either bring the cables through the wall and mount the housing/bracket directly over the hole, or maybe use some steel conduit from your cable exit to the camera, you could also use flexible metal conduit.

Dummy cameras would most likely be pulled down, your going to need some substantial fixings by the sounds of it.

If the camera is sprayed with paint, hopefully the culprit will smile for the camera beforehand, pass the tape onto police for criminal damages.

Hope thats of some help.

Richard.

Guest anthonydickens1

Thanks guys,

I think i'll have one hidden camera and leave the rest exposed (except the wires) Then if someone does attack the cameras we might catch them

Ive got some great footage of a guy climbing one of the steel mounting poles, swinging over the anti-climb spikes and stealing one of my clients brand new Samsung day/night cameras. Needless to say the police never caught them, and the client has bought new cameras but wont let me put them up until he has checked out to see if he can barb-wire the poles anti-climb spikes (as long as he doesnt expect me to put the barb-wire up).

Ive got a few covert cameras on low buildings, but mostly just anti-vandal, and GJD elite sensors that trip remote monitoring centre when someone comes onto the site.

Guest Andyp

You could try protecting the cameras with movement detectors to trigger real time recording or some sort of alarm response (audible warning)

I have a few 'less desirable' housing estates that use the spray that motor cyclists use (rainex I think). This makes the lens water repellent so it takes longer for the paint to adhere and you stand more of a chance of a good picture.

Andy

wec do anti-vandal cages that work well!

wont work with paint tho!

Try voltek 1816 auto switches or the new optex outdoor detectors to protect them, maybe even giving an audible warning with the visonic pre-recordable speaker thingy! (some great audio in mp3 format available from the optex website)

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Archived