Security Installer Community

Ade Honeywell Optima Compact Panel Problem

flygrip

Hi, everyone. I am new to the forum. :cold2: .

I have just rented a industrial unit. There is a alarm been installed.

33c61f0c9e31449f2276317de9ad6f8d.image.180x180.jpg

ADE Honeywell Optima Compact

However, I believe the panel has gone in engineering mode. It powered by a main socket. If I switch on the power, the siren goes off. And the panel keypad will litup. But none of the buttons are working.

I have read and understand the rule of this forum, but is there anything that I can do without contact a local alarm guy?

I am considering install a new panel and using existing inputs (i.e. PIRs and door contacts etc). Is this a straight forward job as long as I mark and label the old connnection clearly and correctly? If I dont have a landline, is the expensive GSM speech dialer my only option? Thanks in advance.

Tony

Guest RJBsec

Assuming that you're going to keep something important in the unit why are you thinking about fixing a broken bottom of the range budget panel?

You need an installer to provide a risk assessment and a quote for a system to suit the requirements of the risk assessment.

Assuming that you're going to keep something important in the unit why are you thinking about fixing a broken bottom of the range budget panel?

You need an installer to provide a risk assessment and a quote for a system to suit the requirements of the risk assessment.

First of all, Thanks for your fast response.

Errr... Regarding to the panel. I am not an expert on this subject. That is why I am here.

Frankley, I dont really need a complex system. No need for remote, the unit is a single area(no separate rooms/floors etc). One entrance door + one roller shutter for loading/unloading only. No smoke alarm/fire alarm. I will be the only one to access the unit.

Please remind me if there is any other aspect that I have missed. The money is a bit tight at the moment, but I dont mind spend a bit extra for a panel/system that is compactable with a GSM speech dialer.

Any recommendation on panels? Many thanks

Tony

the optima is compatibe with a gsm dialler, just look at the gjd one or the menvier sd3.

Sounds like the battery is u/s in the panel (if fitted!) as it shouldnt powerdown when you remove the ac.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

the optima is compatibe with a gsm dialler, just look at the gjd one or the menvier sd3.

Sounds like the battery is u/s in the panel (if fitted!) as it shouldnt powerdown when you remove the ac.

Oh, sorry my mistake, there is no backup battery on it either.

Thanks for your reply.

Tony

Archived