Security Installer Community

Computer

mojo

I want to buy new computer to use only for Fire panels programming

What Model or Type u recomend.

Thanks

Anything half decent with XP and suitable com-ports, and memory to suit your needs requirements. I very rarely see any other guys with two of a kind unless they are with the same company.

a laptop will be better than a desk top thats a good start, lol

no seriously as per stevens advice try to get one still running on xp not vista.

if you struggle I know for sure PC world business can still do xp as a free downgrade over vista.

I'm no PC expert but long battery life and durability would be my two key requirments.

cheers

C.

a laptop will be better than a desk top thats a good start, lol

no seriously as per stevens advice try to get one still running on xp not vista.

if you struggle I know for sure PC world business can still do xp as a free downgrade over vista.

I'm no PC expert but long battery life and durability would be my two key requirments.

cheers

C.

CPC do as well.

I want to buy new computer to use only for Fire panels programming

What Model or Type u recomend.

Thanks

If you are doing fire work suggest you have one that is dual boot especially for some of the older systems out there - Pete

P.S. we use mainly Dell dual booted with XP and DOS sections

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

hp pavilion tx2000 :) lovely bit of kit 2gb ram two x amd turion x2's 64 bit prosessors, dvd+/rw ow one big thing monitor folds round and has touch screen ;) also has finger print reader last about 3-4hours on big battory with right settings nothing to reduced mind 50% brightness 80% prosessor.

vertual pc free from ms can run every thing on vista desktop, xp, 2000 pro, 98, nt, linux,

PC world business can still do xp as a free downgrade over vista.

XP will be shipped as a downgrade option by major manufacturers for at least 6 months after Windows 7 is released on both Vista and W7 systems.

The licences of both Vista and W7 will allow a downgrade anyway if you can get the media.

XP support (and Office 2003) officially ends in August 2014 though from next week it's security updates only.

Archived