Security Installer Community

Accenta G4 Mini Panel - Internal Siren

Gents,

Great site with bags of information thanks.

I have a Accenta G4 mini panel with 4 wired zones, 1 external Reson8 sounder and 1 external keypad. I have been happy with its perforamnce thus far.

I have wired in a seperate strobe that is for use indoors, this works well. I have also connectd in an internal siren and have connected this in parallel to the strobe so both operate together under alarm conditions.

My question is...if the alarm is triggered, when it times out after 20 mins (my setting) the external sounder will mute, will this be the same for internal strobe and hence the siren? I would prefer the internal siren to mute when the external sounder mutes. If I have got this wrong can you advise please? The engineering manual makes no reference to any of this.

much appreciated in advance thanks

think you can set strobe timer on accenta to cut off not used one for a little wile

Guest RJBsec

Depends how you've wired it - siren will be timed but normally strobe output continues until unset, so if you connect a siren to a strobe output it will go on 'forever', (or blow the fuse!).

Depends how you've wired it - siren will be timed but normally strobe output continues until unset, so if you connect a siren to a strobe output it will go on 'forever', (or blow the fuse!).

thanks for the quick replies.

Thought this might be the case! This will cause problems. Am I better to connect it to the external sounder terminals at the panel? If so could I connect to:

D postive (+VE) supply

B negative(-ve) sounder trigger

thanks for the quick replies.

Thought this might be the case! This will cause problems. Am I better to connect it to the external sounder terminals at the panel? If so could I connect to:

D postive (+VE) supply

B negative(-ve) sounder trigger

Yes it will work but you need to consider the load on the panel when all the devices are active, as RJBsec hinted it could overload the panel and blow a fuse (or panel).

Yes it will work but you need to consider the load on the panel when all the devices are active, as RJBsec hinted it could overload the panel and blow a fuse (or panel).

Checked out the currents and still have a safety factor of 2 so should be ok.

Thanks for the help guys

Guest RJBsec
2ma I'm thinking!

Two sounders and two strobes on a domestic ADE panel, it must be getting close I would have thought.

Was what I was thinking ... hope I'm wrong ... wait, I smell smoke :D

Archived