Security Installer Community

Powermax Plus Security Issue

tomfhodgson

Guest RJBsec

Most wireless PIR's have a battery saving feature that prevents the detector signalling for about 2 mins after it has detected movement, this is unrelated to arming the panel, so unless you make a point of walking past every detector before exiting this is unlikely to affect every detector.

The Galaxy G2, which I use, can over-ride this feature if the installing engineer deems it appropriate.

as above. Once a sensor (pir only not door contacts, vibration detectors etc) has been activated it waits for 2 mins after movement has stopped before reenableing itself. As you can imagin as you wander around your home you would be using battery life if it didnt do this.

If you did activate every sensor just before leaving your home and arming then yes they would wait 2 mins before being enabled. If you feel this is a risk then maybe wireless isnt the best option for you. Also if the risk is high then a G2 system isnt sufficient anyway.

IN most house (including my own) G2 is sufficient.

This usually only affects the hallway sensor and if you are concerned you could wait 2 mins after arming before leaving.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

as above. Once a sensor (pir only not door contacts, vibration detectors etc) has been activated it waits for 2 mins after movement has stopped before reenableing itself. As you can imagin as you wander around your home you would be using battery life if it didnt do this.

If you did activate every sensor just before leaving your home and arming then yes they would wait 2 mins before being enabled. If you feel this is a risk then maybe wireless isnt the best option for you. Also if the risk is high then a G2 system isnt sufficient anyway.

IN most house (including my own) G2 is sufficient.

This usually only affects the hallway sensor and if you are concerned you could wait 2 mins after arming before leaving.

Thanks for your response. The example I was thinking was - I am in the living room, get up and leave the house via the hall after activating the alarm via the keyfob.The living room PIR will not reset itself for the 2 miutes. OK now I understand. Thanks again for your help.

Archived