Security Installer Community

Infa Red V Day Night

hi im trying to make my mind up on 2 cameras 1 is the night deval the other is the archetect range with built in inferred both come from system q the lighting is very poor on my front garden as the drive is 130ft i have a flood light which comes on if you get near the house its 500w halogen will i be right in geting the cam with built in infered as i want good picture in the dark thanks :rolleyes:

Guest RJBsec

I've used both types of camera, not necessarily SystemQ.

Generally speaking non-IR cameras of this sort of price range can be disappointing especially in very poor light and when seeing movement (many use 'sens-up' which distorts a moving image).

IR cameras can 'see' at night but again at this price range you need to have realistic expectations 10-15 metres isn't far (your drive 40+ metres) and its a very narrow beam a bit like a spotlight so don't expect the IR to light up the whole area.

A true day/night camera with IR cut filter (rather than software filter) will give good results when used with a seperate IR lamp or LED array.

hi im trying to make my mind up on 2 cameras 1 is the night deval the other is the archetect range with built in inferred both come from system q the lighting is very poor on my front garden as the drive is 130ft i have a flood light which comes on if you get near the house its 500w halogen will i be right in geting the cam with built in infered as i want good picture in the dark thanks :rolleyes:

Go with CAM700 NiteDevils.

Set the sensitivity to

System Q Ltd.

thanks paul just looking through your cataloge at the moment you have so many camarea for sale the cam 700 looks good i will also be geting the 8 chanel alien pro hard drive have you got one of these on your house if so are they good its just a shame your over 2hrs from my house for me to come and have a look round your show room. :rolleyes:

Hi.

Yes I use the Pro. I have it set up to send me emails with snap shots of anyone who comes on the drive when the house alarm is set. I find this very useful. I can then log in and see what

System Q Ltd.

Guest RJBsec
I have it set up to send me emails with snap shots of anyone who comes on the drive when the house alarm is set. I find this very useful.

A nice feature - how is it setup?

A nice feature - how is it setup?

I use Optex PIRs on the drive for detection as they never false alarm.

They are linked in to the alarm inputs of the DVR via an interface relay board.

I use the Intruder Alarm output to only enable the alarm signals to enter the DVR when the house is alarmed so I don

System Q Ltd.

I use Optex PIRs on the drive for detection as they never false alarm.

They are linked in to the alarm inputs of the DVR via an interface relay board.

I use the Intruder Alarm output to only enable the alarm signals to enter the DVR when the house is alarmed so I don

Archived