Security Installer Community

My New Best Friend?

fattony

Ok so Im new here and I wont lie the reason I joined was to seek some help, boss passed me the Morley Cd for Fire v6.16 but when I try and install it I get this error:

FlashFiler:FF SERVER ERROR: Unknown

What the hell is that error, I tried it on XP and Vista and get the same error, I wonder if the disc is damaged as he had it floating around his laptop bag, what are the chances of someone either being able to tell what I need to do to fix the error (assuming its not the disc) or someone emailing me the installation (.exe) file?

Who wants to be my new best friend and help me out, I wont be cheeky and ask for v6.18 as I didnt originally have that version.

:whistle:

lol i have v6.xx honest mate.

While someone may be able to help with error codes etc i doubt (and morley wouldnt be impressed) if they can send an exe. Also it could contain anything an exe so if you do find one be sure it isnt a virus

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

lol i have v6.xx honest mate.

While someone may be able to help with error codes etc i doubt (and morley wouldnt be impressed) if they can send an exe. Also it could contain anything an exe so if you do find one be sure it isnt a virus

Yeah thats a fair point mate, just need to get a copy of the software download link maybe :whistle: , I rang Morley and asked if I could get a copy and they said you have to buy it through Gardiner, so I ring Gardiner and they said its not a stocked item we have to order it through Morley, just going round in circles, its so annoying as I actually have a copy but the disc must be damaged, the reason I need the disc is I need to format the hard drive on the laptop, the software is installed on the laptop but Im not formatting it until I know I have a copy on cd which works.

Im formatting as the the computer runs so slow, we're talking from the time to switch it on to opening up internet explorer Im looking at 10mins minimum, I scan it with Mcafee and apparently all is clear. I can only see format as an option, if I took an image of the drive it would run the same again after the format?

As far as I know the software is not protable i.e back it up.

ok, before you reformat have a look at ccleaner

ok will do, hope that clears errors as well as i have a couple of erros pop up on boot up, thanks for the tip.

Edit: Had a look and it seems to offer same functions as Tune Up Utilities which I have installed and used, seems to make no difference

Ok so Im new here and I wont lie the reason I joined was to seek some help, boss passed me the Morley Cd for Fire v6.16 but when I try and install it I get this error:

FlashFiler:FF SERVER ERROR: Unknown

What the hell is that error, I tried it on XP and Vista and get the same error, I wonder if the disc is damaged as he had it floating around his laptop bag, what are the chances of someone either being able to tell what I need to do to fix the error (assuming its not the disc) or someone emailing me the installation (.exe) file?

Who wants to be my new best friend and help me out, I wont be cheeky and ask for v6.18 as I didnt originally have that version.

:whistle:

Hi Fattony

That sounds like a disc error it runs fine on XP and Vista no problems

Will try and e-mail the .exe file

Pete

P.S. should be a copy in the manuals section

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Archived