Security Installer Community

External Housing For Vista Board Cameras

bgd

I have two Vista VMC36C board cameras that I would like to use to cover my front and rear garden door. These cameras are upgraded with wide angle 2.9 lense and do seem to have solid picture for their size.Manufacturer recommends their use as internal, so could you please recommend a suitable compact size housing for external use.The camera has it's own case and dimensions are 36x36x14 mm , operating range is -10C - +50C.

Thanks

One possible option is an empty dome housing?

http://cpc.farnell.com/defender-security/c...cket/dp/SR07241

Thanks for the url, I had similar thought but was not sure whether I should worry about proper heater options, condensation etc during winter...tbh had two other cams fixed under eves for a couple of years without heaters and never had any issues with these.People mention their concerns about this fairly often. I will look to install separate IR illuminators for the garden, the front has street light which is adequate. Another thought I had was to weather proof the existing Vista small housings as I won't use audio (possibly by use of silicone or similar) - would this work? This is my preference due to already compact size of the housing and the cams would seat fairly hight ie. out of reach from the ground.

What's your opinion on these little Vista cams, are they ok for this type of job?

Thanks for the url, I had similar thought but was not sure whether I should worry about proper heater options, condensation etc during winter...tbh had two other cams fixed under eves for a couple of years without heaters and never had any issues with these.People mention their concerns about this fairly often. I will look to install separate IR illuminators for the garden, the front has street light which is adequate. Another thought I had was to weather proof the existing Vista small housings as I won't use audio (possibly by use of silicone or similar) - would this work? This is my preference due to already compact size of the housing and the cams would seat fairly hight ie. out of reach from the ground.

What's your opinion on these little Vista cams, are they ok for this type of job?

Hi.

I have never had any experience of a Vista camera (pcb style) so it would be unfair for me to comment.

You should try pointing it out of the upstairs window and see if it performs as well as you want and take it from there.

It needs to be in a proper housing for sure, but most board cameras give of heat and its generally enough to keep UK frost from forming so I would not be too bothered about the heater. Obviously the bigger the housing the more the camera has to heat so I make this comment in reference to a small housing not large one.

Not all cameras are IR sensitive so you need to check this out before splashing out on Irs.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Thanks Paul,

If using just the existing housing, do I need to protect the lense as there is no any additional glass in front of it like on conventional housings?

This is the picture of the actual camera.

post-5178-1236699062_thumb.jpg

Archived