Security Installer Community

You Should Hang Your Head In Shame!

My guess is..................................

Bell had no cut off, engineer removed due to sounder not shutting up after 15/20 mins, pulled it down as it had no cut off and needed to be replaced. After engineer left power comes back on and then this story starts.

Dosn't mean the whole thing needs to be swapped out, but depending on age of the system i may of suggested the same, but that would be advice only if it was a 'working' system..

Ok so did your mums friend have a maintenance contract or phone a local guy to come and sort the system?

There is something up here but i maybe wrong.

So from what i have read an engineer went out and reset system.....you say 240v back on now......but if it was a power cut how can he get 240v back on??.....so once the engineer got 240v back on all was working but then the engineer decides to get his ladders out and take the bell down and telling your mums frien that she is a risk??

Come on....and you have not been on the phone to the guy????? TBH if that was my maws friend and that happened then i would be going round to get the engineer to put the bell back up!

Theres something not right about this lol!

The power cut was a YEB issue and was restored when engineer got there , so all he did was reset the system , he checked it and all was well , but then decided to take the SAB off , unfortunatley lady says she has already agreed to new system and doesn't want to go back on her word ,

If the engineer in question is on here and has got the balls to meet me at site , then please PM me and i will meet you to discuss.

The power cut was a YEB issue and was restored when engineer got there , so all he did was reset the system , he checked it and all was well , but then decided to take the SAB off , unfortunatley lady says she has already agreed to new system and doesn't want to go back on her word ,

If the engineer in question is on here and has got the balls to meet me at site , then please PM me and i will meet you to discuss.

In that case she is a happy customer, she has the option and chose to go ahead, so must agree with the engineer.

Guest RJBsec

Ripping off anyone, elderly or not, is unacceptable but sadly happens in every field of work.

However one man's rip-off is another man's wise course of action - bellbox without cut-off could render the lady liable to prosecution, not to mention a sleepless night.

If this was honestly mentioned and she agreed to have a replacement, is that ripping her off or looking after her?

If the system is 'working' but very old and in need of an upgrade is suggesting an upgrade a rip-off or looking after her best interests?

Customers can be difficult to deal with, say one thing but mean another and often expect something for nothing.

None of us here, o/p included, was present during the conversation so everything is speculation, if indeed there was improper trading conduct then a call by the lady to Trading Standards would be the way to go.

are you sure this is not a case of sour grapes! The system may of been dated or had engineer code locked out so could benefit from upgrade. their are much better systems available today with extra features and much more user friendly. If its not to late why don't you offer to quote.

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

Archived