Security Installer Community

Sms Message Centre Numbers.

DaleR

I'm using t-mobile atm, any idea of what it costs?. As im assuming to VM it's classed as a mobile number and surely they round it off to a minute to charge? even though the modem is only connected for a few secs.

Also, can I pick your brains mate. For some reason it txt's twice for any intruder alerts, is this a deliberate feature?, it does the same on all numbers, though this doesnt happen on status txt's. And finally is there anyway you can get it to txt you for AC fail.

P.S. There is a funny bug in this panel, in the end I turned off All alerts and set it for Alarm/Fault, but it still kept txt'n one of the numbers all alerts, a quick reboot sorted this. :)

dunno about the bug but i never use sms as a primary signalling system. sms is too hit and miss for me but anyway.

Costs will be more than bt. ie bt bill to the second, whereas all these other tel co's bill as you have noted to the minute. As the number is an 07 number then id suspect (though have never used anyone but bt at home so can only assume) it would be classed as a mobile call, you could be paying 25p a minute you could be paying 50p a minute. You will need to check with virgin (or your bill)

personally id use a digi on a freephone number but thats just me.

re the double messaging, they wouldnt be restores would they? ie ALARM then after the restore of that circuit

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Ahh, makes sense mate, just checked the txt's they say "+Intru" then the next txt is "-Intru" so I guess thats restoring the zone as you said.

Looked on Virgin guide and that number is listed as "FM3" but the chart doesnt show the cost for that, nevermind lol.

Archived