Security Installer Community

Sd1+/optima Compact

amicus

Help Re connected a sd1+ to ade compact.All works well until trying to re set panel after alarm.The panel re sets but o/s sounder keeps going until i take trigger out of B in the comact panel.Doing this shuts it up and if i re conect it does not fire off again.Everything else seems to operate fine?? The dialer also works ok.

I assume you have wired your dialler into the bell trigger?

If so if its a gen4 compact there are seperate outputs for the dialler. I would suggest that the dialler is preventing the output going high enough to stop the bell. If you disconnect the dialler does the bell work as expected?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I assume you have wired your dialler into the bell trigger?

If so if its a gen4 compact there are seperate outputs for the dialler. I would suggest that the dialler is preventing the output going high enough to stop the bell. If you disconnect the dialler does the bell work as expected?

Yes the trigger is connected to bell trig in panel as there is no dedicated output on this basic panel.The bell etc work fine on their own.

The sounder continues at the same volume.The panel goes quiet and re-sets but i need to remove the leg from trig c sd1 out of terminal in panel to silence it.

Is there a strobe connected?

Try connecting the SD1 to the strobe output on the panel but make sure the strobe isn't still going when you unset and reset the panel. There is another way to get this going but it's a little more complicated so try the strobe first.

Thanks I am not on that job at present,but will try on my next visit.The panel and dialer were supplied by the client and not a combination i would have used.I will "suss" it out with your help,as its all experience,but would a panel containing dialer support have been better.Would the strobe conection be S-.Thanks.

Thanks I am not on that job at present,but will try on my next visit.The panel and dialer were supplied by the client and not a combination i would have used.I will "suss" it out with your help,as its all experience,but would a panel containing dialer support have been better.Would the strobe conection be S-.Thanks.

A panel with specific dialler outputs would be better but the SD1 is designed to work with either a switched negative or positve output so it really should work.

The strobe output is a switched negative. If there is no strobe fitted then it should be fine, if there is a strobe fitted try connecting the SD1 along with the strobe. If the strobe continues to run after you turn the alarm off and reset it (because the strobe output stays low until you do a reset with this panel) connect the strobe along with the sounder and use the strobe output to run the SD1.

Finally if none of this works use the bell output to drive the coil of a 12volt relay, use the contacts of the relay to fire the dialler.

Archived