Security Installer Community

Wired System With Wired Sounder?

mgbgt2

Im looking for a hybrid system (wireless and wired sensors) for DIY install that can be used with a hard wired external sounder.

(I don't want to have to go up long ladders every year or so to replace the battery in the sounder box)

Most of the wireless systems such as the Risco Wisdom and the Scantronic Homelink 75 can only be used with their own wireless sounders - I have checked with the technical support lines of these companies and they say that it may be possible to attach a conventional wired sounder but only with additional relay modules.

Are there any good quality hybrid systems available where I can directly connect a conventional wired sounder without the complexity if additional relays?

I've got a detached garage (that needs to connected to the main house alarm) and I want to be able set /un-set the alarm with a wireless key fob as the garage is often the last/first exit/entry point.

I've considered a Risco 490x with add-on wireless module, but cannot determine if the wireless key-fobs will work with this configuration.

Final consideration is good battery backup as living in the country it is not uncommon to get 12 hour+ power outages during storms, so that probably rules out Visonic Powermax as that only has small NiMh re-chargables.

All the required features were available in my old A1 alarm, but that has become unreliable after about 7 years and the company has dissapeared.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Would the Scantronic 500r meet my needs? looks like a simpler panel more suitable for DIY

Is this an old model?

I beleive the wireless is the older 433 Mhz - is this a real problem for a DIY install that can't be certified?

Old model & old frequency.

868.6625Mhz is a dedicated freq band for intruder. There will be other types of eqpt on the 433 once its been allocated.

Archived