Security Installer Community

Help Please - Double beep

Guest mike123

Guest mike123

:blink:

I have a SL compact alarm which was already installed when I bought the house.

This weekend I have added another remote keypad, bell box and four extra PIRs, however on wire up and then power on of all this, I now get a double beep every couple of minutes or so - when in day mode.

I've now disconnected everything on the panel except for the two RKP's, all the zones I've put links on, and have disconnected the two bells and linked the SCB.

All to no avail I still get the bloody beeps - Is my panel possessed ?

Could anyone explain what could have gone wrong - or what I have done wrong so I can get the thing working again.

Thanks for your help - before the missus beep beeps me out the house

:angry:

Guest mike123

Thanks for the answer, the double beep comes through the internal sounder, i've disconnected it and it stops.

I have put links on each zone on the panel, so I have no pir's connected to the panel at all, so it would not be possible to trigger a chime.

It is almost like a service type indication, but I have no means of verifying this !

Are the keypads addressable?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest mike123

I've removed all cables from the panel, and added links to each zone to make them short circuit. I've also removed the bell cables and added a wire link to the SCB connection on the panel.

The only cable connected to the panel is the remote keypad and the interior sounder, every other cable is off.

The keypads function fine, the way I have stopped it beeping is to set the alarm in to engineer mode and this then stops the beep. If I reset/reset the alarm it then goes in to day mode and about three to four minutes later it starts to beep again, and repeats every three to four minutes.

Mike123,

Have you wired the tamper circuit on the keypads correctly. one wire from the C/P to the first keypad out to the second then out from the second back to the C/P, you can do this within th C/P by connecting a wire from each circuit together. If no joy try taking the extra keypad out of the system there may be a short in the wiring or tamper fault in the keypad??

Clive

The SL compact is made by ADE.

Your problem is the Line Fail High flag has been enabled and there is no line attached.

To disable.

Enter engineers mode

press 4

Then make sure that zone 2 is not alight.

If it is press 2 and it will go out.

If you get a single bleep every 5 mins the service timer has elapsed.

Good luck

Archived